The Crimson Citadel, Part II

Author's Note:Welp, this story is dying  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In front of the secondary prison blocks, Shisui Uchiha was leading a small squad in order to liberate it, since the prisoners would make for great reinforcements. At least those who were rebels or dissenters. He already had in mind all the criminals that would claim to be political prisoners just for the excuse to be free.

Turns out, despite the attack, no guard had left the secondary blocks unprotected in order to repel the invasion force. Of course, Shisui was going to prove that quality trumped quantity any time of day.

"Fire Release: Great Fireball Jutsu!"

"Water Release: Water Gun!"

Shisui breathed a huge fireball at a group of guards, while they countered with a volley of watery projectiles, clashing in the middle, cancelling each other out and creating a cloud of steam. Just as Shisui had expected.

Without giving the guards time to react, Shisui unsheathed his tanto and silently dashed towards his opponents. However, he soon found himself being pelted by shuriken, thrown with impressive aim even in the middle of the cloud of steam.

"What the...?" the one eyed Uchiha asked as he deflected the steel stars with his weapon.

"They must have a sensor among them! Watch out!" one of his ninja warned him.

"If they can sense me, then there's no point in stealth. I'll have to take them head on!" Shisui decided as he charged forward.

As Shisui charged, he also heard a second set of quick steps running parallel towards him, as a shadow blurred through the dispelling steam.

"Another one to your right! Watch out!" an enemy ninja warned.

Shisui smirked. "Found the sensor."

However, said sensor wasn't alone, as two more ninja were protecting the one he deduced was the sensor. One of them unsheathed a katana and lunged at the one eyed Uchiha while the other remained close to him.

"So, that traitorous whore got you of all people to help her with her temper tantrum? The nerve!" the red clad ninja scoffed as he delivered vicious swings at Shisui.

"Why the hate? My squad usually has the lowest body count. Did you lose a loved one to my blade or something?" the Uchiha calmly asked.

"You humiliated us by letting your defeated enemies get away! But you won't insult us any longer!" the Kiri loyalist angrily replied.

"Wait...you're angry over the fact that I spared your comrades? You guys have issues," Shisui replied.

"Dark Mirror Clone Jutsu!"

Suddenly, clones of the Kirigakure loyalists appeared alongside the originals, their skin and clothes having a dark blue tint that set them apart from the originals, which drew their weapons, and attacked them. Some of them were caught by surprise.

"ARGH!"

"What the hell is this?"

Shisui took no time to notice that the jutsu had been cast by a masked rebel kiri wearing a dark blue long cloak. The masked ninja swiftly attacked all the enemies fighting their dark replicas, and Shisui did the same. In no time, the block entrance was secured.

"Alright, entrance cleared, go inside and release all the rebel prisoners!" Shisui ordered. All men under his command nodded, and followed him inside.

"Good work out there. That's quite the jutsu," Shisui praised the masked ninja.

"Thanks. Unfortunately, it only works on small groups," the masked ninja replied.