First C-Rank Mission, Part III: The Snake pit

Genin and A-Rank Missions don't mix well.

Mizuki stood in front of the three teens –and a toad– with a wide smile on his lips.

"An unsealed Hyuga, an Ice Release user, and the Jinchuriki of the Kyubi." Mizuki smiled evilly as a pattern of crescent-shaped marks started to spread around his skin. "If I manage to bring you to Orochimaru-sama, my reward will be even greater."

Hinata gasped upon seeing such thing happening. "H-His chakra...!"

"What about it?"

"It's like...he has a s-second type of chakra coursing t-through his body..." Hinata mumbled. "An overwhelmingly dark chakra..."

"What you're seeing, little Hyuga, is nothing but a fraction of Orochimaru-sama's power. Power that will wipe you out like leaves in the wind!"

"Shut up! It's us who are going to kick your sorry traitorous ass! And when we do, we will make you return the scroll you stole four years ago!" Naruto shouted, pointing an accusatory finger at the former Konoha teacher.

The silver haired ninja chuckled. "Ah Naruto, loudmouth as ever. Guess that nobody gave you a much needed beating to curb that aggressive personality of yours. Fortunately for you, I'll be more than happy to oblige." Mizuki said as he cracked his fingers.

"I'd like to see you try!" Naruto then jumped at Gamakazu's back again. "Gamakazu, let's go!"

"Alright!" The toad then leapt into mid air once again. Meanwhile, Naruto's hands ran through hand seals. "Water Release: Water Bullets!"

"Wind Release: Cyclone Vortex!"

Mizuki jumped back in time to avoid the cyclone and the water missiles aimed at him, which made a huge splash upon impacting the shallow water. The former Konoha ninja made a hand seal.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Two Mizuki's appeared besides the original. "Now I can give all of you the proper attention you deserve!" The Mizuki clones tossed their Fuma Shuriken while the original made some hand seals. "Shuriken Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

The two Fuma Shuriken turned into two dozen, much to the Konoha ninjas' horror. Haku flew through hand seals as well.

"Ice Release: Ice Barrier!"

A wall of ice rose from the water, protecting the Genin from the giant metallic stars. Even if none of the Fuma Shuriken touched them, the wall was shattered by the giant steel stars. But Mizuki and his clones had no intention of giving them any time to breathe, and were preparing more jutsu.

"Earth Release: Earth Dragon Bullets!"

A dragon head made of dirt, mud and stone rose from the ground, opened its jaws, and fired multiple mud projectiles at the Konoha Genin.

"Fire Release: Fire Dragon Blast!"

The Mizuki clones released a stream of fire from their mouths, igniting the mud projectiles. Haku, was going through hand seals once again.

"Water Release: Water Wall!"

A watery barrier was erected in front of the Konoha Genin and the toad, blocking most of the projectiles but failing to stop some of them. Fortunately, Gamakazu would take care of that.

"Water Release: Water Bullets!" Gamakazu's jowl puffed out, releasing a barrage of water missiles that clashed against Mizuki's fire attack, nullifying it completely.

"Come on, we have to get to him before he pelts us with more jutsu! Come on Hinata!" Naruto rushed forward, with the Hyuga behind.

"Haku-kun, provide us with some cover!" Hinata asked.