The Calm Before the Storm

Eight Years after the Kyubi attack

It was a warm Saturday morning. Flowers were blooming, birds were signing and the sky was clear. So while he waited for the daily training session with one of her parents, Naruto decided to spend some time on one of his hobbies besides training and eating ramen: gardening.

Shizune bought him some new seeds from the Yamanaka Flower Shop, and he was planting them on his corner of the backyard. Helping him were his two four year old siblings, Hagane and Kaida. Both of them had inherited Jiraiya's spiky white hair and Tsunade's brown eyes. Though Hagane usually had a short haircut, while Kaida had it styled into two long pigtails.

"Alright, now that you have put the seeds in the holes, you must cover the holes with soil again," Naruto instructed as the twins did so.

"And then what, niisan?" Kaida asked.

"Then you come every day and water the seeds. In a few weeks, it will grow a plan with really pretty flowers."

"Awww, but I wanted to see the flowers now!" Kaida complained.

"Maybe if we water them more, they'll grow faster?" Hagane wondered.

"Nice try, but it doesn't work that way, hehe. Okay, wait here, I'm going to get the watering can," Naruto said as he went to back to the house. He returned back with a full watering can, and he almost dropped it in shock. "WHAT THE HELL!?"

Naruto was in shock. Besides a smiling Kaida and a surprised Hagane, there was an almost full grown bush of white roses.

"Look at this, niisan! I told the flowers to grow already, and they did!" the little girl said proudly.

"Whoa, it's almost like the First Hokage!" Naruto shouted, amazed.

"Who?" both twins asked in unison.

"The First Hokage! Your great grandpa! He had the power to make plants grow super fast, but none of his children inherit that power. Maybe you did!"

"Really? That's so cool! I'm going to grow more flowers then!"

"Maybe I have that power too!" Hagane wondered as he tried to emulate his sister.

"I have to tell mom and dad!" Naruto excitedly stated as he rushed back inside. "MOM! DAD! GET OVER HERE! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!"

Naruto pretty much ignored the Sannin's protests as he dragged them, followed by Shizune, to the backyard, where the twins were trying to make more plants to grow.

"Naruto, please, I can walk on my own!" Tsunade protested.

"What's so important that got you so riled up?" Jiraiya asked.

"Look at THAT!" Naruto pointed out towards the white rose bush.

"Those are some nice roses, but I don't think they're impressive enough to be worth getting dragged here," Tsunade deadpanned.

"I don't mean that! I planted those roses five minutes ago, and Kaida made them grow!"

"You mean that she has power over plants? Like the First Hokage?" Jiraiya asked.

"Exactly!" Naruto exclaimed. "Come on sis, show them!"

Kaida nodded, and tried to make another white rose to grow. "Come on, grow! Grow! Groooooooooooow!" Kaida piped as she motioned her arms at the ground, without any visible effects. "Oh come on, it worked just now!"

Jiraiya shook his head. "Come on Naruto, the kids pranked you. While I admit that that bush wasn't there yesterday, there's no way they have the power of the Wood Release."