The Battle for Taki

Sorry for not updating in a while :(

"It's a pity we have to abandon this village," Hidan said, sounding a little saddened. "I couldn't even get started on the construction of the Jashin Temple."

"I thought there was already a Jashin Temple in the Land of Springs. Wasn't there where you were trained?" Kakuzu asked.

"Well, yes, but the temple was in in the middle of fucking nowhere. Jashin-sama would be mostly pleased if I build a temple to him in the heart of a ninja village. Oh well, guess that another slaughter will have to do," Hidan said, with his usual sadistic glee.

"Do as you wish," Kakuzu apathetically replied, as from their vantage point, they watched the activity going on in the village below them.

A messenger had arrived with the news that the Taki resistance, alongside reinforcements from Konoha and Suna, were heading towards the village. Kakuzu and Hidan, pretending they cared about keeping the village, had ordered everybody to put a defense and repel the invaders, even if they did know that the village was already lost and those poor idiots would die for nothing.

Well, not for nothing. Maybe if they managed to kill some enemy ninjas before going down, their lives would weaken Akatsuki's enemies even if just a little.

Even if he would never admit it, Kakuzu felt it was a pity he couldn't keep the village for longer. It was a place that he hated like no other, and having it under his control would have been his ultimate revenge.

"Anyway, I'll better get everything ready. You stay here and keep them busy. Try to kill some of them if you can," Kakuzu told him as he turned around, and walked away.

"How are you so sure the jinchuriki will come to us?" Hidan asked.

"I know how she thinks," Kakuzu confidently said, before Body Flickering away.

"'I know how she thinks'" Hidan mockingly repeated. "'I'm Kakuzu and I'm a fucking smartass that knows everything, yet doesn't worship Jashin-sama'. Oh well, at least he gave me the fun part of the mission..."

...

Meanwhile, not far away from there, said group of ninjas, about five hundred strong, were leaping from one tree branch to another, getting closer to Takigakure. The Konoha and Suna ninja would expect traps or an ambush the more they got closer, but the Taki ninjas told them that the Akatsuki wouldn't bother with that. The secret entrances to Takigakure were pretty much bottlenecks, and the defenders would use that to their advantage.

That's why they decided to send their strongest asset to deal with such situation first: Naruto Uzumaki.

The blond jinchuriki would infiltrate Takigakure on his own, create some ruckus with his clones and summons, and thus allowing the bulk of their forces to enter the village unimpeded. Right now, he was being led by a Takigakure Jonin, a blond haired man he remembered from the Chunin exams as one of Fu's teammates. Kegon was his name.

They stopped when they reached a small waterfall that fed into a lagoon.

"Here we are," Kegon announced.

"So...where's this secret entrance? Behind that waterfall?" Naruto guessed.

"It is," the Taki Jonin confirmed.

"That's kind of cliché," Naruto pointed out, crossing his arms over his chest.

"It's not a direct way into the village," Kegon replied, a little annoyed. "Behind this waterfall there's a grotto. Said grotto is pretty much a maze where you will get lost unless you know where to go," the blond Taki man handed Naruto a small scroll. "Follow the indications on this scroll, and you'll be able to reach an entrance at the edge of the lake."