Chapter 65

It was officially the worst morning Amelia and Katie had ever experienced. To start off Amelia had accidentally left the window open in her dorm, making the room freezing cold in the morning. Along with that snow had settled onto the windowsill making it very hard to clean up. Not to mention it was the morning of the Yule Ball and Christmas. Nothing could put Amelia into a good mood not even the different muggle items she got from her parents.

Sipping onto her hot porridge as she tried to keep herself as warm as possible with the worn-out sweater Amelia sat at the Gryffindor table with a sour face. She looked in disgust at the passing by students chatting excitedly about the Yule Ball which Amelia would not be attending.

Once she was done Amelia made her way to the twin's and Lee's dormitory as Lee wanted to lift the groups mood by handing out Christmas presents early. Amelia hadn't put too much thought into her presents this time. Lee asked for some more muggle items, so Amelia bought him different nail polish colours, she bought Katie a book on famous quidditch players along with new quidditch gear. For George and Fred, she bought custom made rings with their initials engraved on the inside.

"Alright now I know everyone's feeling shit about not going to the ball but come on its Christmas." Lee cheered putting on his best smile.

The mood slowly was beginning to change, and Amelia found herself laughing at the silly jokes her friends were making.

The snow was now falling gently settling down on the ground in a perfect pattern. The fire started by Katie was now softly crackling and laughter spread across the dorm.

"Guess what George and I did last night," Fred asked with a smirk on his face. Something told Amelia that they hadn't been up to any good.

"We snuck a gift into Professor Snape's office," George continued. "Gave him a "how to style your hair" kit," Fred and George sniggered. "Old chaps hair gets longer and longer each year."

Lee, Katie and Amelia burst out into laughter imagining their potions teacher's face when he see's such a silly little present. After talking for a while, they finally decided to give out their presents.

Lee's bubbly side began to show as soon as Amelia gave him the nail polishes. "Oh Amelia! Oh God these are such pretty colours. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Lee said as he smacked a kiss on her cheek and rushed into the bathroom to try on the nail polish.

Katie immediately ran to her dorm to try on the new quidditch gear Amelia had got her. The bright red uniform on her along with her lucky number in gold imprinted on the back Katie was in love.

In small pouches Amelia handed over Fred and George's rings. They loved how simple it was yet how elegant it looked, but they got even more excited when they realised the rings tracked each other's heartbeat. "George can you hear mine," Fred asked.

"Fuck yeah! We'll hear each other's until the end Georgie," Fred answered admiring the ring on his hand.

"Check it out mother fuckers," Lee walked out of the bathroom showing off his painted fingernails. Surprisingly he had done a good job. Gold and silver were painted on his pointer and ring finger while black on the rest. Lee easily pulled off the look.

"Oi Lee paint my nails I want a colour that matches with my ring though," George said as he looked at the different colours Lee had. Amelia Fred and Katie giggled at the two being so comfortable with each other.

"Come here," Fred mouthed to Amelia. She did as he said slowly making her way towards Fred making sure George Lee or Katie didn't notice. Fred pulled out Mrs Weasley's iconic sweaters she gave to her children during Christmas.