Chapter 54

The Weasley's and their guests made their way back to the burrow as soon as possible. The walk was mostly silent because no one knew what to say. Amelia was still shaken up by last night's experience with the Death Eater attacks and her Legilimency. If she spent too long trying to make sense of it, she felt as if her brain would explode.

The crooked house soon came into sight and Amelia's heart warmed at the familiar building. In her nightgown Mrs Weasley stood watching in relief as the rest of her family appeared from the hill.

"Oh! Thank Merlin, you lot have finally arrived," Mrs Weasley ran up to her husband pulling him into a hug giving him a sloppy kiss.

The frantic woman squeezed each of her family members into a warm hug and placed wet kisses on their cheeks. She embraced Amelia and thanked her for taking care of her Fred. He noticed his mother talking to Amelia and wondered what she could have been so grateful for. After welcoming everyone she ushered them into the tilted house and with a quick flick of her wand a pot of tea was being prepared.

Every part of the house was cleaned using magic; a ragged cloth was used to dust the furniture the dishes were making loud clattering noises as they were being washed and a broom stick was sweeping the stairs. However, there was a half-knit sweater in the corner of the living room and by the looks of its Mrs Weasley was using the Muggle way in an attempt to distract her.

Everyone sat on the kitchen table with their hot teacups discussing the events of last night. While sipping her tea Amelia tried to block out Mr and Mrs Weasley's loud ramblings about Rita Skeeter's latest article reporting on the Death Eater's attacks and took minimal part in conversation. Earlier in the morning Mr Weasley had used a healing charm to help get rid of the cuts and bruises on her and Fred. Even though the injuries had vanished she felt as if the emotional and mental scars would stay with her for a while. She was focused on finishing off her bitter tea trying to shake the memory of the Death Eater, but she couldn't. The memory replayed in her head over and over again, Fred getting knocked out and then seeing the back of his head bleeding was one of the scariest moments of her life. She really did think that she had lost him. Her hands made her way to her locket finding a sense of protection from it. Fred noticed her anxious fingers fiddled with the locket and couldn't help but feel guilty. He watched the brunette sitting across from him, clearly troubled from the conversation. A small bump was on his forehead which caused some discomfort, but it was nothing compared to the guilt that was taking over him. He felt awful for leaving Amelia to deal with the death eater herself. Being so helpless, he wished he could have done something more to protect her.

Seeing as the mood had turned glum, Molly tried to lighten the situation by talking about her visit to Diagon Alley. Most of the Weasleys had made their way to the living room and Amelia was about to do the same when Fred asked her if they could talk. She was unsure about what he wanted, but it was better to be alone with him than in a crowded room where she was constantly being reminded about the traumatic event. He led her towards the front porch and even with the morning sun smiling brightly the day seemed dark and dull. Amelia sat down beside him, taking in the mild sun still fidgeting with her locket, waiting in silence for Fred to say something.

"Amelia," Fred began, "are you okay?" He turned towards her misery filled eyes and gave her a weak smile.

"No."

That's all she had to say before letting the salty tears pour out and slide down her cheeks. Fred immediately wrapped his strong arms around and pulled her into a tight hug. Amelia was finally letting out how she felt about the entire situation, tear after tear poured out and Fred was trying his best to comfort her.

"I thought I was going to lose you. I was so scared," Amelia whimpered, her words muffled into his chest, "You weren't waking up and I couldn't even get to you."