Chapter 43

Amelia's eyes fluttered open to the sound of rain trickling down the window. The sky was a light grey and she watched as the raindrops raced down the window pane. Amelia adored mornings like this, the only sound was coming from the raindrops falling from the sky before crashing down on the window. The rest of her roommates were fast asleep. Amelia decided to go to the common room and watch the rain. She grabbed her blue cardigan which had been worn out, the colour begging to fade into a bluish-greyish colour.

She made her way down the stairs the marble stairs against her feet were cold and she cursed herself for not wearing any socks. Another figure was sitting in the armchair she noticed the fiery red hair knowing it was Fred. "What are you doing up so early?" She sat herself down on the warm sofa. The only light entering the room was from the fire.

"Nothing just decided to wake up earlier than usual. After all, it is the last morning of our fifth year." She hadn't thought about it before but she was nervous to go into her sixth year. The two sat in silence for a while. Amelia turned her head towards the large window on her left.

The grey clouds swirling around, condensation growing on the window. The sun was starting to rise its light covered by the heavy clouds. She looked over to one of the trees where a bird had laid its nest trying to shade itself from the rain. It shivered every time a raindrop fell on him. The poor bird looked so scared. Its feathers had gotten wet and dirty, Amelia took notice of how the bird had white feathers with a mixture of bright yellow ones as well.

She raised her wand opening a small amount of the window hoping not to let any of the rain in. The cold wind against her face allowing her cheeks to go pink. Her hand clutched around her wand she whispered a small spell which allowed the small branches of the tree to grow before the branches entangled with each other, causing a small amount of shade for the little bird.

The small bird looked scared at first, he looked over to Amelia giving her a small chirp before he nuzzled his body back into his nest. "Your welcome." She laughed at the small bird. Amelia closed the window making her way back to the sofa watching the fire crackle against the coal. Fred watched her every move wondering to himself how someone could be that sweet.

The two talked about what everyone would think about the prank they had pulled and whether they would be expelled or not. "My parents are going to be so mad if the school sends another letter." The twins got in so much trouble the school sent letters to their parents almost every week.

"Let's hope we don't get caught," Amelia spoke shivering at how cold the room had gotten. Her legs were bare and the cardigan was barely keeping her warm.

"Do you want my sweater?" Fred didn't really care of her response as he tore his sweater off revealing another one under.

"Thanks." Amelia noticed how his shirt underneath lifted for a split second, where she took notice of his toned abs. She pulled the warm sweater over her head taking in the smell of vanilla. It was one of Mrs Weasleys famous Christmas sweaters with a large golden F sewn onto the front. The sleeves were very long and went over Amelia's hands, the sweater's collar sat bellow on her collar bones.

"It looks better on you than me." He said making her blush again, she quickly brought her hands to her cheeks cupping them trying to hide her blush. "Well, of course, it looks better on me." A cheeky grin came across her lips. The two laughed at her silly joke. Spending the next hour talking about their crazy school year.

The common room soon began to fill with different students the two looked at each other waiting for one of them too leave and realise what had happened. Fred and Amelia watched as a third-year made their way out of the common room stepping out of the portrait door. Bracing themselves for the impact the two were met by a scream coming from Professor McGonagall. "How on earth did you get here!" She screamed.

The students hurried outside looking to see what happened. A crowd built outside the common room, trying to make sense of the situation. Amelia placed her famous worried look on her face. "Who moved you." Professor McGonagall yelled at the portrait.

"I will not answer that question one because of your horrible tone, second because I am not allowed to tell." The portrait said back, crossing their arms in a huff. The portrait closed the door locking most of the students out including Amelia and Fred. The two were trying their best not to laugh at the situation.

Most of the students spent the next hour roaming the halls while the teachers helped fix the situation. The head of Gryffindor suspected it was a Ravenclaw who did it, while the head of Ravenclaw suspected a Slytherin did it and onwards. Fred and Amelia watched as chaos spread across the castle in the early morning.

It took around an hour to stop the teachers from arguing with each other. Then another two hours to swap the portraits back. Amelia and Fred made their way back to the common room trying to act innocent. "Alright, I should go pack." Amelia started to make her way up the stairs.

"You still haven't packed?" Fred asked her, his eyes wide.

"Yea but it'll only take me an hour." Amelia shrugged.

"Well neither have I. Can you help me." Fred bit his lip and Amelia tried her best to resist kissing those pink lips. She nodded making her way to the boy's dorm. Lee was still sleeping George was in the shower.

The room was filled with different products lying all over the place as usual. Fred's bed was in a mess sheets were all over the place along with different clothes lying around. "Sorry about the mess." He rubbed the back off his neck in embarrassment.

Fred embarrassed she thought to herself. "Okay, let's get started on your shirts and pants. You remember how I taught you how to fold your pants." He nodded grabbing his different clothing setting them down on the bed.

The two folded his clothes talking about a few things here and there. The Hogwarts express was going to pick up the students after lunch, giving Amelia enough time to pack her own clothes. Lee woke soon after because of the noise the two were making constantly laughing at each other's jokes. George had gone down with Lee for breakfast leaving the two alone in the room.

"Okay now let's move on to your products." Amelia placed the last stack of shirts into the suitcase before looking over to the different products. A range of different sweets, chocolates, fake wands along with love potions was placed in a corner. Amelia grabbed a random bag placing all the sweets and chocolates in one bag. Fred did the same with the fake wands trying his best not to use them.

"Okay all done." They finished packing in an hour and a half, leaving Amelia another three hours left to pack.

"I'm gonna go and finish packing. See you later Freddie." It had been a while since she called him Freddie.

"Do you not want help packing?" He asked feeling slightly guilty.

"No that's okay. I'm sure you have other things to do than help me pack." Amelia blurted out wishing she didn't say that.

"Oh okay. See you later then." Amelia left his room irritated with herself. She began to pack folding her clothes furiously constantly replaying her words in her head. Amelia emptied out her draw cleaning out the different pieces of paper shoved in the drawer.

At the bottom sat two pictures the one's Lee took the time Fred and Amelia fell asleep on each other. We looked so perfect together she thought to herself. Fred's arms were wrapped around her, she could see a small smile on his face. 'Ugh, why did I have to ruin something so perfect.' Amelia thought to herself. Thinking back to a couple of months where she was a mess without him.