Chapter 53

From Amelia's purple and gold seat she took in the massive stadium and observed how the spectators started to trickle in. From what she could tell using her golden omnioculars, witches and wizards from all walks of life were present for the final. During Amelia's brief people watching session, she spotted the referee, Hassan Mostafa being distracted by the Veelas. She giggled as Mostafa flexed his muscles trying to win over one of the striking Veela.

Her thoughts were interrupted from the loud thumping of a cane echoing throughout the box. Amelia craned her neck to see no other than smug expressions from the Malfoy family. Seeing the Slytherin Prince, casted Amelia's mind back to when Malfoy had first introduced himself on the train. His ignorant comment about his father mentioning Amelia's blood status made her question how much of Malfoy's opinions were his own or his father's.

Whenever the Malfoy's were concerned, you could always expect passive aggressive comments and the conversation between Lucius and Arthur was no different. Harry looked like he was going to explode in front of his self-titled enemy. On the other hand, Amelia looked over to Fred who was just as enraged as Harry but did a better job of hiding it, his lips pressed into a thin line. But his eyes which held a threatening glare was as usual a dead give-away for Amelia to understand Fred's emotions. She slipped her hand into his and gave him a gentle squeeze. His stern demeanour instantly softened with Amelia's soft smooth hands. The not so polite clash between the two families only came to an end when the Minister of Magic came between the two.

"Ah Weasleys and Malfoys, the games about to start, better be seated," Fudge suggested in an attempt to reduce the tension. Before, escorting the Malfoy's to their seats, he gave a small smile to acknowledge the Weasley's guest, Harry, Hermione and Amelia.

"You okay Freddie?" said Amelia with a comforting smile, allowing tiny crinkles to form around the corners of her deep brown eyes.

"I'm better now," Fred returned a squeeze to Amelia's slender hand.

A sudden boom from Bagman's wands echoed into the giant-sized stadium, "Ladies and Gents. Welcome to the 442nd Quidditch World Cup. Bulgaria Vs Ireland!"

The crowd burst into loud cheers and Amelia averted her eyes onto the pitch.

With the announcement of the game kicking off the crowd erupted with great enthusiasm as players whizzed around. The largest cheer from the box came from Ron when Victor Krum zoomed by and Amelia understood why, he was a handsome 18-year-old. It seemed as if Krum wasn't the only attractive figure as the Bulgarians had brought in the Veela. The beautiful seductresses swayed their hips to the musical rhythm, attracting plenty male attention from their dance moves.

Amelia found it quite comedic that Hermione had to hold back Harry and Ron, but her laughs came to a quick end as she noticed that Fred too was affected. Even though she knew that he was under the influence of the Veela's charms, she couldn't help but feel a hint of jealousy. A sigh of relief left her when they finished their performance resulting in their male audience to start booing.

The next mascot performance was from the Irish and their Leprechauns'. Multiple rainbows enchanted the audience as their bright colours spread across the dark starry sky. Then a shower of gold coins poured down as the audience scrambled to collect them. The entire stadium began to collect the coins, Amelia lifted her bucket hat into the air allowing the gold coins to fill it up.

The game had begun and adrenaline from the pitch to the stands was flowing through the stadium. At last both the team's seekers spotted the Golden Snitch and the audience held their breath in anticipation. The score was 10 Bulgaria and 170 Irish. In the energetic atmosphere, Amelia squeezed Fred's muscular arm tightly, barely able to keep herself seated with the suspense looming in the air. He tensed at her fingers curling around his broad arms and hoped the tight grip stayed there. But it wasn't for long as Amelia's threw her hands up when the snitch was caught by no other than Krum.