Chapter 41

"Amelia you need to start packing, we leave Hogwarts in two days," Katie whined as she folded her shirts before placing them neatly into her suitcase.

"I'll do it later. Let me finish this chapter." Amelia swatted her hand in the air signalling Katie to be quiet. Amelia was a late packer, she would always pack at the last minute. Katie, on the other hand, planned what the best ways to pack were and when to do it. 

"Amelia stop reading that stupid Twilight book." She placed the stack of shirts into her suitcase. "Its a bunch of rubbish about Vampires and a muggle wrote it." Katie made her way to Amelia before snatching the book out of her hands. "Hey. You're a real bitch you know." Katie stuck out her tongue while holding the middle finger at her. 

"Now start folding the shirts y-" Katie was cut off by the sound of light tapping coming from the window. Amelia looked over to see Naroh was pecking on the window a small note tied to his foot along with a jar of peanut butter clutched in his claw. Naroh's impeccable timing allowed Amelia to get out of packing. 

"Thank you Naroh," Amelia whispered to the small bird as he made his way to Amelia desk. Amelia turned to the jar of peanut butter opening instantly before trying to find a spare spoon on her messy desk which was filled with different kinds of parchment. She began to open the letter her parents had sent her placing the spoon filled with peanut butter in her mouth. 

Dearest Amelia,

We are so excited to have you back home. Unfortunately, your father and I will be working during the summer but we will still have the weekends to spend with you. We have a lot of exciting news to tell you. 

Firstly your father has left his job and is now working in the ministry of magic. It's all very new and exciting but he is managing. We should have told you earlier but the two of us were so wrapped up about his new job. He is now on the committee of care of magical creatures and is doing very well. After he heard the news about Buckbeak he decided to apply for the job. 

Secondly, your seventeenth birthday is coming up. I'm sure your very excited about it all but there are a few things we have been keeping from you. Your father and I feel awful for keeping this from you but we will tell you soon. Things are going to change for you. I'm not going to write it in the letter as there is too much to tell you. We love you very much Amelia and will always be there for you.

P.S I'm glad you liked the book, its a series. Give Naroh something to eat he's had a long journey carrying the peanut butter jar.

Love, Mother

Amelia placed the letter down taking a seat on her bed. The spoon still in her mouth even though there was no peanut butter left. What could have mum been talking about, why did dad want to get a job at the ministry. Her parents had mentioned her sixteenth birthday before explaining how things would change but Amelia never believed them. 

"Is everything okay?" Katie asked looking at a very confused Amelia. 

"Oh, yea. My parents just said everything is going to change when my seventeenth birthday comes." Amelia wondered what they meant by that.

"Do you think they're going to give you the sex talk?" Katie teased. 

"Oh God, I hope not." Amelia laughed picturing her parents explaining to her how to be safe. "Anyways Naroh you can have some of my peanut butter." Amelia was about to place a small amount of peanut butter on a spare piece of parchment before Katie stopped her. "Don't give him peanut butter. I'm sure teddy won't mind sharing her food." Katie grabbed a handful of bird food. She then placed her hand in front of Naroh who started pecking away on the food finishing it in a matter of seconds.