Chapter 9

The next day Amelia was determined to find Fred and ask him what happened the night of the party. She wasn't expecting him to tell some crazy story she was just curious. Getting dressed as fast as she could and she made her way to the twin's and Lee's dorm room. She went through the same secret wall she had used earlier to sneak into the boy's dorm and quietly made her way to the Fred's room. But when she reached for the door handle the door flung open itself and Fred Weasley stood awkwardly in the doorway.

"I need to talk to you," she blurted out before he could disappear to god knows where.

"Somewhere private then," Fred offered already knowing she was going to ask about that night.

As the two of them walked towards the common room Fred's mind was racing with thoughts. She probably thought he was such a perv kissing a girl drunk out of her mind. It was never his intention to take advantage of her or anything of the sorts but when he was that close to her something just lit inside of him like a wildfire. He had managed to stay away for her an entire day because he was trying to figure out what these odd feelings meant. It was around 6:30 in the morning, barely anyone in the common room was awake, this was his chance to explain everything to her. They sat on the sofa, both anxious to see what other would say.

"I'm so sorry, I should have just stopped you right there, we're best friends, I don't want things to get awkward," he said rushing at least three sentences all in one.

Amelia's eyebrows furrowed, and with a confused facial expression.

"The night. In my bed?" Fred asked now just as confused as she was, "Do you not remember what happened."

"No, that's why I wanted to talk to you. If you had any idea what happened," Amelia asked eager to know.

"You were really drunk," he was barely making any eye contact "I took you to my room and we were lying in my bed..." but he trailed off when he saw Amelia's eyes widen.

"No wait! But it wasn't like that," he quickly explained, "I didn't try to do anything I promise." Great now she definitely thought he was some pervert only getting girls in bed when they're drunk.

"Then... what?" Amelia began still confused, "Why did you say things would be awkward," She desperately wanted to fill in the missing memories, but nothing could have prepared her for what Fred was going to say next.

Now Fred had gotten even more flustered than before and he began shuffling in his seat, "You sort of started kissing me," and quickly added "but I stopped you before anything could happen."

Heat rose to her cheeks this is definitely not what she expected, "So, you regret it happening?" Amelia asked trying to keep her cool wanting to hear him say that she wasn't some drunk mistake. 

"Yeah, of course, you're like my little sister." He ruffled her hair and got up abruptly in the most awkward manner.

People had slowly started to wake up in the common room and just like that Fred left. Amelia sat there completely stunned at all the new information. First, she had kissed him and second the worse part was that he definitely did not enjoy it. A younger sister to him? Tears began to form around her eyes, but she wiped them away before they could roll down her cheeks. The common room was now getting busier and even though it felt like someone had just torn her heart out she got up from the sofa. All his flirtatious actions and smiles meant nothing, and Amelia was frustrated at how she could let herself fall for him. A younger sister? He had completely embarrassed her, and he couldn't let him see her like this, broken and miserable. One thing was clear: she had to get over him.