Chapter 80

"Two firewhiskys," Alphard yelled as he signalled the bartender with his hand.

"Why two?" Amelia thought to herself before realising one was for her. "Oh, I don't drink," she quickly spat out looking over at her father who was sitting at the bar.

Alphard looked her dead in the eye, she could see he was completely sleep deprived. "Tonight, you will," Alphard said sharply in his hoarse voice.

She nodded slowly her heart racing as she looked down at the table, wishing she never agreed to this. The three men a couple of tables down her's were still chatting and were on their third round of firewhisky. Professor McGonagall was still drinking out of her flask, as she read the daily profit, and my dad was sipping on his water occasionally glancing at me.

Alphard slammed his hands on the table making me jump, "Now. How is my niece. It's been what seven, eight years since I last saw you." He had a mad grin on his face.

"Actually, twelve years." Amelia corrected him. Twelve years she went believing he was dead. Twelve years she thought of Alphard as the most trusted and sweet man. Twelve years of hope gone down the drain.

Just then the tired waitress rested to glasses of firewhisky on the table, Alphard pocketed her five galleons for the drink and waited till she walked away.

It was obvious Alphard was nervous, this was the first time in a while he was showing himself in the wizarding world. For most of those twelve years, he had been hiding in the shadows, trying to recruit followers for Voldemort. Another thing that was making him nervous was Amelia. He hadn't seen her since she was five and was terribly scared she would go running to her parents and expose him. But this was a risk he was willing to take.

Alphard brought the firewhisky to his lips drinking most of the dark liquid down. Amelia watched as he didn't react to the burning of the alcohol. Her eyes averted down to her glass before looking back up at Professor McGonagall who was pretending to read the newspaper.

"Well, um, how's school been," Alphard said trying to make small talk. "Bloody hell haven't seen the castle in ages."

"Alphard why did you call me here," She spoke softly. Her hands were holding the glass as she stared at the alcohol before looking back up at him.

"Well I wanted to see you of course," He said showing his rotten teeth as he smiled.

"Don't lie," she responded as her left hand snaked around her back to clutch her wand.

Alphard lifted his glass once more ignoring what Amelia had just said. He downed the vile liquid one of his eyes twitching, before slamming the glass down on the table. He licked the hot drink off his lips looking at Amelia with a dead expression before yelling to the waitress "another one."

"Alphard, please," she was trying her best to reason with him.

He leaned forward and played with the empty glass for a moment before saying. "You used to call me Uncle Alphard."

Amelia could tell he was ignoring why they were meeting up. "I'm not here to talk about what I call you," she was finally being stern with him, but there was still fear of him lingering behind.

"Last time I spoke to you was at the astronomy tower. You wanted me to join your side," Amelia leaned in looking around the room as she continued.

"You wanted me to become a.." Amelia whispered in a hushed tone. "A death eater."

Instantly she backed away her hands behind her back one of them clutching her wand. Both stayed silent as the waitress came back to the table picked up Alphard's empty glass before placing another one.