Chapter 8

Amelia woke with a horrible headache pounding at her mind. I guess I now know what it's like to have a hangover, she thought to herself. Trying to regain some memory she focused on last night. All she remembered was dancing with Lee and Katie, or was it Hermione? So, caught up in her own thoughts she didn't even realise she wasn't in her bed.

Clothes scattered across the floor, books stacked up too high, different joke products lying everywhere, she was definitely in the twin's room. From the strong smell of strawberries and vanilla that came from the bed she recognised it was Fred's. What on earth was she doing hungover, in yesterday's party clothes, in Fred's bed. Still trying to put the missing pieces of the puzzle together she decided that freshening up and some food would help her remember.

After a hot shower and putting on clean clothes she left the common room for breakfast. On her way out she bumped into Katie.

"Morning," a smirk formed on her lips. "How was it with Lee? Did the two of you have a good time?"

A blush crept onto Katie's cheeks, "Well, nothing really happened. He was drunk, I got tipsy, so he dropped me off to my room and that was that."

"You two snogged didn't you!" Katie almost looked embarrassed and then burst into laughter.

"Alright yes! yes we did, and what about you? I didn't see you come in last night."

"I've been asking myself that same question. I somehow ended up in the twin's empty dorm room," Amelia explained.

Walking over to the Gryffindor table they spotted George and Lee but no Fred in sight. Katie sat next to Lee and Amelia took a seat beside George.

"Did the ladies enjoy the party?" George asked winking in the direction of Katie and Lee, making them blush.

"Yea it was alright," Katie mumbled.

"Well I know I had a great time," Lee chuckled at Katie.

"Anyone seen Fred?" she asked trying to change the topic, adding, "It's not like a Weasley to skip a meal."

"Last I saw him was with Amelia," pointing to her, "he was carrying your drunken highness up the stairs to our room."

"Oh so that's how I ended up in the boy's dormitory."

Amelia had no idea he was taking care of her while she was drunk. She thought to herself she owed him a thanks and then maybe he could fill in the parts she couldn't remember.