Chapter 34

Amelia body slammed against a hard chest. She looked up to see it was Fred. Of course she had to run into him. Her hair was a mess she tried to fix it, but there was no point Fred had seen her at her worse. Amelia opened her mouth to apologise but nothing came out, instead she stared into his eyes. "Amelia." Fred's voice was soft and she could hear the pain in his voice. Amelia noticed his state. His hair was messy, and not the good kind. She could tell he had been crying because there were tear stains on his cheeks, along with bags under his eyes. I did this to him Amelia thought to herself. 

"Fred are you okay?" was all she could manage to say. His name rolled off her tongue and his stomach did a somersault. Amelia's hair was a frizzy mess tied up into a loose ponytail and her eyes were just as red. "I'm better now," Fred spoke so softly. 

"Fred I'm so sorry. I know you need time to heal, but I hope we can still be friends." Though she didn't want to go back to be friends, all she wanted him. 

I don't think we can ever go back to being friends he thought to himself, tempted to touch her again. "I'd like that." He said. Amelia smiled back up at him, she was trying to hide the pain but he could see right through her. "I'll see you later." Fred brushed past her where she smelt the faint smell of vanilla. 

"Fred wait," she said making him turn around. Amelia made her way towards him before pulling him into a tight hug. "I don't ever want to lose you."  Her head was buried into his chest her arms wrapped around his waist. Fred's heart picked up a faster rhythm when she hugged him. Her voice was muffled against his chest but he knew what she said. 

Amelia pulled herself way and watched as Fred walked away. Her heart still ached for him, but she knew things would get better from here. She decided to study for her upcoming O.W.L.S.   Amelia made her way back to the dorm room, Angel and Alicia were gossiping as usual and Amelia decided to join them. 

Even though she wasn't close with them, it was nice to hear them talk about something other than her relationship with Fred. Angel was talking about how she wanted to fall in love with a muggle boy. Angel was a half-blood, muggle from her dad's side, wizard from her mums. 

Amelia ended up talking a lot more than expected, she thought of Fred every now and then, wondering what he would be doing during the day. "There you are." Amelia heard a familiar voice say. Katie was standing in the doorway her cheeks red, and she was out of breath. Amelia laughed at her friends state. "I've been running around looking for you all over the place," Katie said out of breath before sitting down beside Amelia. 

"I went to the library to speak to Eric." She opened her mouth to speak again but Amelia cut her off. "And we've worked everything out." Katie was about to speak again. "And I'll tell you about it later." Katie smiled back at Amelia before listening to Alicia's story about meeting some Hufflepuff boy. She was blushing at the mention of him, at least someone had a better love life than me Amelia thought to herself. 

"Okay, can we go to eat now. All that running made me hungry" Katie whined and Amelia laughed thinking about how silly Katie would look running the halls of Hogwarts trying to look for her.

The two made their way to the table, where lunch was already served. Amelia was a bit nervous to sit with her group knowing Fred would be there. She took her seat beside Katie opposite George who didn't notice the two girls sitting in front of him. Fred and Lee hadn't arrived as yet so Amelia prepared herself to see him again. George's eyes were at the Slytherin table watching Susan Wood. "Why haven't you asked her out as yet," Amelia asked snapping him back to reality. 

The blood rushed to his cheeks, smiling he looked down. "I don't know, I'm just nervous. She makes me so nervous. Like when she smiles it's so adorable." Katie looked at Amelia giving her friend the he-really-likes-her-doesn't-he look. Fred and Lee were nowhere to be seen, it's not like she didn't want to see Fred it was just cause a lot of awkward tension in the group.

Even though Amelia was in a better mood she still felt horrible for what she had done. The entire week she would smile and pretend to be happy and then at night when everyone was asleep she would cry herself to sleep. Every night it was the same process, she would pull her cotton sheets over her head, letting the soft material touch her cheeks. During the first few nights she would have to flip her pillow as one side would be soaked with tears. Every morning she would wake tangled in her sheets, making her way to the bathroom washing away last night's pain. 

Amelia decided it would be best to focus on her O.W.L.S, which sounded really scary. Hermione Katie and Ginny would stay in the library studying for their exams, Merlin knows if Hermione wasn't there the three of them would get sidetracked talking about Quidditich. 

Amelia stared down at her Divintation notebook re reading the question. She knew what the answer was but her mind kept going to the red-head boy. Amelia wondered if he was thinking about her. If Fred were here he would probably need help with Divintation, it was never his strong suit. If the two were ever seen studying together they would be messing around cracking jokes. When the two would study and if Amelia ever got frustrated with Herbology Fred would always calm her down by rubbing her back making her take deep breaths. He would always say "Don't worry love I can explain it again." he took his time explaining all about the plants and how they work. How some require different soil then others. Fred would spend endless nights teaching her about Herbology, even before they dated. He had always cared for her no matter what. "Amelia stop daydreaming and get to work." Hermione whisper shouted giving Amelia her stern look. Hermione was sitting across the table she had many books spread all over. 

"Sorry." and just like that she got back into studying. Amelia finished her Divintation work and moved onto defence against the dark arts. Professor Lupin was one of her favourite DADA teachers. He made the work interesting and fun. Amelia was about to start taking notes, when a high pitched scream came from the back of the library. The four girls made their way to the back of the library where there was a young Hufflepuff boy sitting on the library benche with his tongue 5 feet long. Amelia instantly knew this was the work of the twins. The librarian madam Pince was in complete shock while the boy was laughing. 

Amelia searched the room trying to look for the twins. "This is the work of those Wealsey twins. Now you go straight to Madam Pomfrey she'll know what to do." Amelia spotted George and Fred behind the library shelves not far from the scene of the crime. George was trying his best not to laugh his hands were clasped over his mouth while Fred's eyes landed on Amelia. He gave her a small smile before looking her up and down. Amelia let out a small giggle before shaking her head and mouthing idiots run. George began to sneak his way out of the library Fred following him. Fred looked back one last time at the girl of his dreams before running out the door trying to escape madam Pince. 

"Come on girls we have work to do." Hermione huffed, mad that she got distracted. 

"I think I'm going to head back to the common room. It's been a long week." Amelia said packing her things. Katie and Ginny agreed before following Amelia leaving Hermione behind.

"Do you think she'll be mad we left her there." Katie asked feeling slightly guilty for leaving Hermione behind.

"Trust me she says she studies better when she's alone." Ginny said easing Katies nerves.

The three made their way back to the common room, the moon was shining brightly it was a full moon and looked beautiful. The sky was clear and stars were scattered all over the dark sky. "Hey guys. Is Hermione still at the library I need to talk to her." Ron looked like he had been running all over the place, trying to find her. 

"Yea she's still there." Katie said and Ron began to run towards the direction of the library. Amelia wondered why Ron was so eager to find Hermione, her thoughts were soon answered when Ginny said. "Ron and Hermione have been fighting all week about scabbers and crookshanks having problems. I think he's finally going to apologise." The two noded before making their way back into the common room.

They said goodbye to the second year and made their way up to their dorm. That night Amelia slept like a baby. As soon as her head hit the pillow she was in a deep slumber. It might have been the fact that she was mentally drained or tired just in general but she knew it was because Fred wasn't as mad at her like he was a week before. The light snoring of Angel along with the sound of the wind whistling against the window, everything about that night calms her nerves. She was finally at peace with herself. 

So close to 1K! Thank you to everyone who's reading and voting.