Chapter 69

"Arline wait," Amelia said as she slowly pushed Arline off of her. Tears stains left on her cheeks as more rolled down. The memory of Fred cheating on her was still fresh in her mind, though that didn't mean she wasn't desperately in love with him.

"What, isn't this what you want?" Arline asked almost offended as she stood in front of Amelia.

Amelia adored Arline, she truly did but she wasn't sure whether she wanted to be with Arline. "I'm sorry Arline but I don't even know if this is what I want. I mean I just found out Fred is cheating on me," Amelia sniffled as she continued "I'm pretty sure I still have feelings for him."

"Feelings," Arline scoffed. "He doesn't love you, he- he cheated on you he doesn't even deserve you. I do," Arline's said as she folded her arms in frustration.

"Arline, my feelings cannot change overnight," Amelia felt a sick feeling in her stomach as thought more about Fred.

"Yes- yes they can," Arline nodded her head in denial. "You love me."

"Please don't make this harder than it is. I'm still in love with Fred," Even saying his name hurt but Amelia pushed through the pain.

"No, you are making this hard. I have done everything to get you to be with me, but you still like him." Arline yelled at Amelia. "It's not fair, I've been teaching you how to control your Legilimecy while he does nothing about it. I'm the one whose there for you. Not him. I even made him cheat-," But before Arline could continue she smacked her hand against her mouth as her eyes went wide.

"What did you say," Amelia asked just as shocked.

"No nothing, nothing," Arline denied everything she said earlier and marched out the door before Amelia could get mad.

Though Amelia was more confused than mad. She still pictured her lover, well ex-lover now tangled in the sheets with Angelina. She felt her knees go weak as she once again broke down. Now left alone without a shoulder to cry on.

+

After Amelia's break down she made her way down to the common room only to realise the party was over. "Has anyone seen Miss Whisp," Amelia heard Professor McGonagall's voice as she entered the common room.

"Is everything okay Professor McGonagall?" Amelia asked as multiple heads snapped in Amelia's direction including Fred's.

"I need you to come with me immediately, the rest of you clean up this mess," Professor McGonagall said as she grabbed Amelia's hand.

She saw Fred in the corner of her eye giving her a sweet smile which she completely ignored. As they left the common room Amelia realised there were other Gryffindor's following Professor McGonagall as well. One of them being Angelina Johnson.

The wind was howling, and the castle shook in agony as a storm was beginning to stir. "Amelia," Angelina whispered. "Amelia," she whispered again but Amelia ignored her. Not caring what she had to say.

Professor McGonagall stopped in front of a large statue of a griffin where she said the password to lead the group of Gryffindors to Dumbledore. Amelia was still confused why she was going to the headmaster office, she hadn't pulled any prank lately or failed any exams, so there wasn't any reason she was in trouble.

They reached the top of the stairs only to see even more students sitting around Dumbledore's desk. "Albus these are all of them," Professor McGonagall spoke as she told the students to take their seats.

"Professor are we in some kind of trouble," A tall Hufflepuff boy asked the headmaster.

"Absolutely not my boy," Dumbledore smiled at him as she continued. "I think it's best to inform you all on a certain situation that has been affecting you. We have already contacted your parents most of them will be here by next week on this situation. Tonight someone brought to light to the Professors that a student you all know as Arline Calloway has been misusing her Legilimecy on all of you without knowing."