Chapter 28

Amelia POV

It had been two weeks since the Buckbeak incident. I noticed how most of the students found it boring as Hagrid lost his confidence and was teaching them how to take care of smaller animals, which wasn't as fun. In mid-April, buckbeak would be sentenced to death. I was trying to spend as much time with Hagrid as possible making sure he was handling it well.

"I literally hate Snape, he's already set us an assignment which is due next week." Katie had been whining about her studies all week, it was starting to get on my nerves at this point. 

"Katie you have one more page left," I said with a whisper. Madam Pince had already yelled at us twice for being too loud. I was working on my charms homework. Luckily Professor Flitwick never gave too much homework, so it should be completed within fifteen minutes. 

Katie and I had been spending most of our time in the library. Even Hermione would join us, she would drag Ron and Harry with her as well. I usually helped them with their work, they were like my younger brothers and if they needed help I didn't mind.

"Hello, ladies." An unfamiliar voice spoke. I looked up from my textbook to see who it was. Two Slytherin boys were walking up to our table. I recognised one as Amos Novack the boy next to him looked familiar but I had never seen him around. His dark brown hair was filled with different curls bouncing around. Amos took a seat next to Katie while his friend sat beside me.

"What are you working on?" The brunette asked. His voice was quiet deep, but it went to a higher pitch as he finished his sentence. 

"Charms homework." Katie and Amos were talking about quidditch training. He must have noticed my confused expression as I was trying to work out who he was.

"I'm Eric Finlay." Eric brought out his hand which I shook. I could see the veins in his arm, the boy was buff. "Amelia-" before I could finish the sentence.

"Whisp. I know you're in my potions class." I felt bad not knowing he was. It's not like I ignore my classmates I just never noticed him. 

"Oh" Change the topic quick. "Have you done Snape's assignment." Hopefully we can bond over the fact that we both hate Snape.

"Yea I'm almost done." He is a smart and nice Slytherin. "How are you almost done. I still have 3 paragraphs to do." Eric was now smiling and so was I. His smile lit up the entire room. 

"I can help you if you want. How about tomorrow after lunch." I wasn't struggling too much with the assignment, but I wanted to get to know him he seemed really nice.

The four of us talked about the assignments that were coming up along with Katie and Amos' constant bickering about who was the better at quidditch. Most people think all slytherins are mean, but most of them are very nice. It's just a stupid stereotype given by some idiot. Eric told me about how he visited Japan for his Christmas holidays. Both his parents are Aurors who work in the ministry. It was nice making a new friend, even Katie was beginning to like him. 

Once our conversation had ended the boys left to go their common room. "What do you think of Amos." Katie practically blurted out. I didn't realise it before, but when Katie and Amos were bickering it was in a flirtatious manner. "He's not bad. But the real question is do you like him." Katie was going red but before she could answer she stopped infront of a crowd. 

Many Gryffindors were crowded around the entrance to the common room. "What's going on." I asked one of the second years infront of me. She just shrugged. I tried looking over the crowd but could barely see. After about five minutes Dumbledore pushed past me making his way to the entrance. He instructed us to go back into our dormitories and change into our pyjamas and then make our way to the great hall. 

As I got closer to the portrait frame, I saw the fat lady was no longer there, instead were large claw looking marks ripping the portrait. It felt so odd without the fat lady standing there. Katie and I quickly changed into our pyjamas, the Gryffindor prefects were checking on us making sure we were doing as told. My mind wandering what was going on.

We reached the common room I quickly spotted two red heads along with Lee. "Guys do you know what's going on." Fred quickly pulled me closer to him, his fingers entangled with mine. "Apparently Sirius Black tried getting into the Gryffindor common room, but the fat lady wouldn't let him in so he got angry and attacked her. She's been running around all over the castle." Black in the castle, how did he manage to get through the dementors. How did no one spot him. Was Fred in the common room when Black was trying to get in. I was already starting to shake, Hagrid always said Hogwarts was the safest place in the world. Which I believed at first until the last two years. With Professor Quirll being a death eater and you know who being a part of him, along with the fact the chamber of secrets was open and the fact Ginny was under the control of a younger version of you know who. 

"Love I promise I won't let anything happen to you." Fred held me tighter towards him. I liked knowing he would protect me, and I would protect him. We made our way to the great hall. It looked larger than usual, the long wooden tables were no longer there instead the room was filled with hundreds off purple sleeping bags. 

Fred and I took a spot in the corner, Katie next to me lee beside her and Geroge beside Lee. "I'm going to check on Susan, I'll be back." The fact that Sirius Black was roaming the school spread like wild fire. Everyone was talking about it. Percy the head boy of the school announced that lights would be off in fifften minutes. "Fred where were you when it happened." I had to make sure that Fred wasn't in the common room when black was trying to get in. 

"Don't worry the boys and I were spying on the Ravenclaws as they practised for quidditch." I felt the weight lift off of my shoulders. "Love you're shaking." Fred pulled my sleeping bag closer to his. His arms were wrapped around me, I buried my head in his chest feeling warmth and comfort when he was with me. The room was now pitch black I could hear the soft whispers of people around me. Freds grip had loosened around me his breathing at a slow pace. I looked behind me to see Lee and Katie holding hands, as they slept. I closed my eyes, before falling into a deep sleep.