Chapter 17

Amelia woke to the tapping noise coming from her window. It was early in the morning, the sun was just starting to rise. Errol was tapping on the window and his claws were holding onto Fred's luggage. She let the old owl in and let him rest. Amelia looked towards her bed to see a snoring Fred, he was wrapped in her blue silk covers and looked so peaceful. 

It was too early to start the day, instead of making her way back to the bed she slept on the mattress. Amelia felt uncomfortable not feeling Fred's presence next to her.

Amelia was abruptly woken up from a loud thud to see Fred dragging his luggage to the other side of the room. "Fred what the hell are you doing?" her sleep had been interrupted again, causing her mood to change.

"Sorry go back to sleep. I'm trying to take a shower."

Amelia placed her head back on the pillow. "Well now I can't sleep." she huffed.

"You really aren't a morning person." Fred laughed making his way to the bathroom.

Amelia quickly made her way out of the room not wanting a repeat of what happened at the start of the semester. Her parents were at work and had left a small note for Amelia which was sitting on the kitchen counter. 

"Dear Amelia, 

There are leftovers from last night which you and Fred can have for lunch. Please make him feel welcome. I've left some extra money as well so you two can catch the bus into town.

Love, Mother."

Amelia smiled at the fact that she would be spending the whole day with Fred. She decided to skip breakfast and take Fred out for brunch at her favourite cafes, she went there once or twice when she came home for the summer holidays.

She made her way up the stairs grabbed her clothes before heading back downstairs to shower in her parent's bathroom. Once she was ready she waited for Fred to arrive. Amelia could hear his loud footsteps descending down the stairs "Alright we're going to skip breakfast and have brunch instead." Fred just nodded knowing she had already made plans for the day.

"Can we get two avocados with toasts along with two vanilla milkshakes," Amelia ordered for the two knowing Fred would not know what to get.

"The muggle world is interesting. I would be lost if I didn't have you." he placed the menu down once he was done inspecting it.

"Oh, Freddie what would you do without me." Amelia found it odd seeing someone from the wizarding world in the muggle world. The two ate their food and discussed the joke shop. George ended up packing some of the chocolates which were placed in a heart-shaped box with a pink ribbon. They planned to place it on the kitchen counter for Mrs Whisp to eat. 

"Check please." Amelia waved to the waitress serving them. 

"Did the young couple enjoy their food?" The waitress asked with a grin.

Fred blushed and looked away whilst Amelia's eyes grew wide. "No we're just friends but the food was great." she blurted out.

"I'm so sorry for assuming, you two look like you would make a lovely couple." The waitress grabbed the check, walking away as fast as she could from the awkward situation she created. The two just laughed off the silly comment the waitress made, but both wanted it to be true.

Amelia and Fred went everywhere, from different parks to different malls. Fred ended up buying chocolates for George, Katie Lee and some for himself. The packaging looked awfully similar to Fred and George's valentine chocolates. 

 By far their favourite place was the Arcade. Amelia's competitive side came out which Fred adored. "You're going down Weasley." her concentration mainly on the game. He was trying his best to beat her, but she was really good. 

"Ha, I win again." Amelia smiled gleefully. Fred loved seeing her like this, her eyes sparkled with joy she was jumping up and down like a 2-year-old girl on a sugar high, he wanted this moment to last forever.

"That's because I let you win." His eyes still watching her.

"Sure whatever you say, Freddie." Amelia teased playfully. "It's four-thirty we should get going. I don't want mum and dad to worry." the two left the arcade and caught the bus ride home. Fred looked out the window and watched as the sun began to set. Different buildings passed by, he watched how muggles stuck their hand out to catch a taxi. What an odd way of living he thought to himself. 

Once they reached home the two were exhausted. Amelia's parents were not home as yet. Fred being the good house guest that he is decided to set the table for dinner. Amelia laughed to herself. If Molly saw him she would be so shocked.

"What are you laughing at?" he asked laying the last plate on the table.

"I was just thinking about how your mother would react if she saw you laying the table." 

"Oh really, you think I don't help around the house." his words were playful. He began to walk closer to Amelia and before she knew it his arms were around her waist. Fred flung her over his shoulder and ran around the house. In the first year he could barely push open the doors to the Great Hall, now he was running around with Amelia over his shoulder.

"Freddie put me down," she yelled, her laughter erupting throughout her bedroom. 

"No, I will not." He jumped up and down causing Amelia to laugh even louder.

"Fine, don't I have a great view of your behind anyway." She said in between giggles. Fred gently placed her on her bed and sat down beside her, the two laughing uncontrollably. 

I'm thinking of doing a Fred POV next, let me know if I should.