Chapter 79

Amelia Whisp

My head was resting in the palm of my hand as I watched the clock, hoping it would somehow speed up time, so I could relieve myself from Snape's class. Usually, I would be bored out of my mind but tonight was the night I would be meeting up with Alphard. I was bouncing my leg trying to distract myself from the thought, but I couldn't.

Dumbledore and my dad explained the plan to me, multiple times. Once my mum found out that Alphard was alive and the fact that I would be in the same room as him. She went wild and sent multiple letters to the headmaster trying to talk him out of the situation. Though it was too late now, there was no point backing down.

My eyes drifted from the clock to Professor Snape. He was standing near the chalk board as he spoke in the most monotone voice. He was speaking about the wolfsbane potion or the ageing potion. I wasn't sure and couldn't care less. I could tell my anxiety was kicking in which meant my Legilimecy would get worse throughout the day. I clutched my pencil hard and closed my eyes shut trying to calm myself.

This entire week all I could think about was Alphard. Starting with feeling his presence wherever I went to him sending me those filthy letters and now I had to meet him. It could have been the fact that it was a hot summer day which made the classroom so humid, but I could feel my cheeks burning up. I was starting to find it hard to breathe and a lump was beginning to form in the back of my throat.

"Are you okay?" Fred whispered as he looked at me in concern. I didn't think my anxiety was that obvious.

Luckily we were in the last row, so no one had noticed as yet. "I'm fine," I replied.

"Clearly you're not," He placed his quill down and grabbed my hand squeezing it gently.

As Professor Snape wrote on the board he snapped his head around and yelled, "No talking!"

Fred continued holding my hand trying to calm me down. I shuffled in my seat swallowing the lump in my throat. I could feel my neck and face going hot. It was starting to get harder and harder to control it.

"Listen to me Amelia," I heard Fred's voice. It was very faint and light, but it was audible. "Just listen to my voice."

Though Fred wasn't speaking to me instead I had entered his thoughts. He spoke gently and sweetly as I hung onto his every word. "Just focus on my voice."

And so, I did. I hung my head low and interlocked my fingers with Fred's. I closed my eyes and only focused on the way he spoke to me. "Don't think about Snape, or anything just focus on me."

It was sweet the way he took care of me like that. I could feel myself beginning to calm down. I took a deep breath in just like Fred told me too and listened to the way he spoke to me. He was sweet and gentle, just listening to the way he spoke to me made my insides feel warm.

My anxiety was starting to fade, with just my hands shaking. Fred continued to hold them, his thumb stroked against my knuckles before circling down to my thumb and repeating the process.

"I love you," I thought to myself.

"I love you too," Fred replied within his thoughts.

I smiled and turned to look at him, wondering how he heard me. My head turned and I watched him as he innocently wrote down his notes. His eyebrows furrowed and his jawline tensed. The sun's rays had scattered along his face, and I could see his freckles returning to his cheeks.

Once class was over I was feeling much better, of course there was the thought of meeting Alphard, but I would deal with that later. For now, I just wanted to stay with Fred and enjoy the time I had with him. I placed my books in my bag as Fred mimicked my actions and got ready to leave.