Chapter 6

The first week was officially over and Amelia had already forgotten about her moments with Fred. Although her mind did wonder if it meant anything to Fred. Walking out of her last class for the day she made her way to the Great Hall for dinner and spotted her friends.

Sitting beside Katie and across Lee she joined Fred and George. As she helped herself to food her focus wasn't really on the group's conversation. They were all excited about some party being held in the Gryffindor common room. A party already, it was only the end of the first week, wasn't this a bit soon?

"Who's hosting the party?" she asked between bites of her lamb chop.

"We are of course!" Lee replied on behalf of the group. "We do need someone to decorate... Katie and Amelia will you do it?" He used his puppy-dog eyes which were nothing compared to Fred's but before Amelia could reply Katie quickly responded with a yes.

"So, it's settled Katie and Amelia are decorating, George Lee and I will organise food and drinks and get the word out," Fred said rubbing his hands excitedly.

+

"Why are you so excited to go to a party?" Katie never enjoyed socialising with a bunch of drunk teenagers, "You're only interested if Quidditch is involved."

"I don't hate parties. Just that a special someone is going to be there."

Amelia's eyes lit up, "Well, who is it? You have to tell me."

Katie rolled her eyes and hesitantly replied "Fine. But you tell anyone, and I'll send a bludger your way," she warned. "It's Lee, he's the only reason why I agreed to go to this stupid party," Katie sighed.

She knew Katie would blush and giggle like a typical schoolgirl around Lee, but she had no idea it was this serious. "Well, then Ms Bell we need to make sure you look fabulous for this party."

+

Music was pumping through the speakers and drunk teenagers surrounded Amelia and Katie. Thanks to the two girls decorating skills, streamers and flashy lights were everywhere. Finally finding the twins and Lee with the Golden Trio she pushed her way past a group of dancing sweaty teenagers.

"Hi girls!" Fred and George said in unison.

Harry and Ron reeked of fire whisky, and Hermione being the responsible one was glaring at the two for drinking too much. George and Lee weren't exactly sober either and were stumbling around with Fred helping them keep their balance being the one not to drink.

"Lee, would you like to go and dance?" Katie asked hiding her nervousness well.

"Cat darling, dance with me," Lee slurred and she blushed at the nickname he gave her.

Amelia watched as he took Katie's hand and pulled her towards the dance floor, the pair getting closer and closer with each song. She saw the way Katie looked at Lee and wished someone looked at her that way. But the self-pity had to stop. She gulped down many rounds of fire whisky as the night dragged on and danced crazy with a wild Hermione. In the next few hours, the crowd had died down and most people had left to their dorms. She spotted Fred sitting alone on the couch and walked up to him trying her best not to fall in her heels.

She flopped down, pressed beside him and in her drunken state slurred out, "Freddie boy I missed you."

He chuckled at the nickname she had given him, "I missed you too."

She booped his nose and giggled resting her head on his shoulder. Sitting down the alcohol had begun to make her feel drowsy and before she knew it two strong arms were wrapped around her body. She had been lifted up and carried bridal style to the Gryffindor common room. With no entry allowed to the girl's dorm room Fred took her to the boy's dorm and gently placed her onto his bed.

"Goodnight Amelia," he said making his way towards Lee's empty bed.

A drunken voice came from his bed, "Wait, stay with me."