fifteen

All students are seated, and green banners with snakes on them are around the ceiling. Heather looked up at Dumbledore as the sound of a cling of a glass. Everyone stopped talking making the, face the professors. "Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points."

Heather looked down sadly as this was her's and Hermione's fault. "Third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points. In second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points. And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin House."

Heather sighed. "Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last minute points to award." The Gryffindor students look up. "To Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, 50 points."

"Great job." Heather tells her.

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess..."

Ron looks at Heather and mouths, 'Me?' Heather nods, and mouths, 'You!'

"That Hogwarts has seen these many years...50 points." Everyone clapped for Ron as Heather smiled. "And third, to Ms. Heather Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house 60 points.

"Say what?"

"We're tied with Slytherin." Hermione said

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom."

"Yes!" Heather said as they all stood cheering. She looked back at Dumbledore and smiled.
~~~
Heather was not wanting to leave. The one place she never thought of as home. "Heather, are you coming?" Hermione asked.

"I'll be right there." She said as she walked over to Hagrid. and hugged him.

"Thought you were leaving without saying good-bye, didja?" Hagrid said as he pulled something out of his pocket. "This is for you."

Heather took it and looked back at him as she opened it to see and moving photo of her and her parents. "Thank you." She said.

"Oh. Go on...on with you." Heather smiled as she went to walk away. "Oh, listen, Heather, if that dolt of a cousin of yours, Dudley, gives you any grief, you could always, um, threaten him with a nice pair of ears to go with that tail of his."

Heather gave him a look. "We're not allowed to use magic outside of school."

"Yeah, but he doesn't know that."

Heather smiled as she walked to the train. She looked back at Hagrid and sighed. She wasn't heading home. She was heading for a few months with the worse human beings on earth.