twenty

The next morning, first day of class, Heather stood beside Ron as everyone around them talked. "Good morning, everyone." Heather looked up to see the professor. Heather watched as she hit the table getting everyone's attention. "Good morning, everyone."

"Good morning, Professor Sprout."

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three, second years. Gather around everyone." She tells them as they got closer to the table. "Today we're going to re-pot Mandrakes." Sprout grabs a pot and sits it on the table. "Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?" Heather raised her hand just as Hermione. "Yes, Miss. Potter?"

Hermione looked at her friend with a glare. "Mandrake, or Mandragora is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state." Heather says as everyone listened. "it's also dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it."

"Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor." Heather smiled as the other Gryffindors looked at her. "As ouf Mandrakes are still only seedlings their cries won't kill you yet." Sprout tells them. "But they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I have given you earmuffs for auditory protetion. So could you please put them on, right away? Quickly."

Heather put her earmuffs on along with everyone else. "Flaps tight down, and watch me closely." Sprout tells them. "And watch me closely. You grasp you Mandrake firmly you pull it sharply up out of the pot."

Heather covered her ears as she hated the sound from the Mandrake. "Got it? And now you dunk it down into the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm."

Heather watched as Neville passed out. "That's not good." She said.

"Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs."

"No, ma'am, he's just fainted."

"Yes, well, just leave him there." Sprout says. "Right, on we go. Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp you Mandrake and pull it up."

Heather grasped the Mandrake and pulled up just to hear its cry. She put it in the pot and sprinkled dirt on it.
~~~
Heather sat eating as she watched Ron fix his wand. "Say it. I'm doomed."

"Yep. You're doomed." She tells him with a smile.

"Hi, Heather."

She looked up just for a flash to go off. "Now I'm blind."

"I'm Colin Creevey. I'm in Gryffindor too."

"Hello, Colin. It's nice to meet you." She tells him.

"Ron, is that your owl."

Heather looked and saw George looking at her. She blushed as Ron's owl crashed landed in front of them. "Bloody bird's a menace." Ron says. Heather saw a red envelope. "Oh no."

"Look, everyone. Weasley's got himself a Howler."

"Shut up." Heather tells Seamus.

"Go on, Ron. I ignored one from my gran once. It was horrible." Neville tells him.

Heather watched as Ron started to open the letter. "Ronald Weasley!" Heather jumped as she watched the letter form into a mouth. "How dare you steal that car! I am absolutely disgusted! Your Father's now facing an inquiry at work and it's entirely your fault! If you put another toe out of line we'll bring you straight home! And, Ginny, dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud."

Heather stared in shock surprised how pissed Molly was. She watched as the paper ripped itself up. "Ron, if my mom was alive. I would be in the same spot as you." Heather tells him.

George smiled as he heard those words. Heather looked up and smiled at him as she put a strand of hair behind her ear as she went back to eating.

The mark started to become a little more visible.