forty one

The first day of class and Heather just woke up. She went get ready, but the one thing she didn't pay attention to as she was getting dress is the mark that continues to get darker as the days go by. "Heather, are you in there?"

"Yes, give me a few more minutes. I'm almost done." She tells Hermione. "Can you lay out something for me to wear?"

"As long as you pick mine out."

"Deal."
~~~
Getting to class, Heather smiled as she was talking to Hermione till she saw George and blushed. Hermione shoved her a little causing her to give her a look as they walked into their first class. The two girls took their seats as the lesson started. 

"Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the sight." She tells them as she stood up. "I am Professor Trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future!" 

Heather didn't know what to say as she continued to listen. Her arm felt weird causing her to rub it till she grabbed a cup. Hermione looked at her wondering what's wrong. "What happened?" Hermione asked causing them to look at her. 

"I thought you were back there?"

"I was, but I want to be with you two. What's wrong with your arm, Heather?"

"I don't know. It tingles."

Professor Trelawney went to Ron causing Heather to watch with interest. She didn't know what to think as he was reading what the cup was showing. She rolled her eyes till the Professor screamed out causing her to look. "Oh, my dear girl."

"What?"

"My dear...you have...the Grim."

Heather's eyes widened as she knew what the Grim meant. Hearing the others gasp, Heather knew she was scared adn this was not her. Hermione took her hand in her's as she knows the young girl was scared. "Heather?"

"I need air." 
~~~
Walking outside to Hagrid's class, Heather stayed quiet as she was taking a deep breath in and out. She loved being out of the school and heading to a good friend. Once they got to his hut, the students gathered around before following him to a new part of his land. 

Pulling out the book, Heather heard Draco. "Don't say it, Heather." She mumbled. "Don't say it." 

Draco went to her causing Heather to look at him. "What are you going to do, Potter?"

"You don't get out of my face, I will kill you." She tells him. "Wait. I don't run to daddy because he gets hurt or scared or thinks people shouldn't be teaching. My father would never be like that. He would have me face my problems." She smiled. "Unless...you have a crush on me since you are always picking on me." Draco glared. "Ew!"

Draco walked away causing Hermione to laugh. When Heather turned around, she stopped seeing a creature that Hagrid call Buckbeak. "Isn't he beautiful."

The trio just stared as they didn't know if they should be afraid. When asked who wants to say hello, everyone moved back, but Heather. "Heather. Way to go. Come on up."

She looked at them. "Traitors." She says as she went to her dear friend. "Hagrid, what do I do?"

Hagrid started telling her what she needs to do. She walked up to Buckbeak and slowly bowed her head as she heard Buckbeak. "Back off, Heather. Back off." 

Heather did just that causing her to back up and snap a twig. "Oh no."

"Well done, Heather." He says. "Go on, pet him."

Heather walked slowly to him as she was scared. She continued to walk up to Buckbeak slowly till he bowed his head for her to pet causing her to smile. Heather laughed as she couldn't believe that she was petting him. "You are beautiful."

"Ready to ride."

"Say what?" She asked as Hagird picked her up. "Hagrid!! NO! Put me down!"

The others watched her get placed on Buckbeak before flying off. She screamed causing them to watch. She couldn't believe how beautiful the view was and smiled. She laughed as she felt free from all the stress she was having. "Whoa!"
~~~
Going back, Heather smiled as Hagird helped her off. The other Gryffindors ran to her to ask her about the ride. That was till they heard Draco. She turned as he started marching towards Buckbeak. "Malfoy, slow down." 

Heather knew what was about to happen. Ron grabbed her as did Hermione as they watched Buckbeak scratch Draco causing him to cry like a baby. Heather walked over to Buckbeak and sighed as she knew, Draco was going to cry to daddy.
~~~
Standing by herself, Heather sighed as she knew this year was going to even more stressful then before. George saw her and walked out to her. "Hey."

"Hey." She says looking at him. "Why are you out here?'

"Came to check on you. I didn't see you with Ron and Hermione." 

"Yeah. I wanted to be alone."

George turned her around and hugged her. She started crying as she has no idea why everything that goes on is always after her. All she wants is to go to school with her friends and crush, but seems like she will never get that peace. 

George kissed her head as he held her close. He so badly wants to kiss her, but right now, it wasn't the right time. He'll just wait.