twenty three

"Can I have your attetnion please?" McGonagall said. "Right. Now, today, we will be tranforming animals into water goblets." Heather was interested in this. "Like so. One, two, three. Vera Verto."

"Wow." Heather mumbled.

"Now it's your turn. Who would like to go first?" McGonagall said as she walked towards the students. "Mr. Weasley. "One, two, three. Vera Verto."

Heather watched Ron demonstrate. He did it right, but the mouse turned into a furry cup with a tail. Something about that rat made Heather a little bit worried, but she doesn't know why. She smiled as everyone started laughing. "That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley."

"Miss. Granger."

"Oh no." Heather mumbled. "What is she doing?"

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets." Hermione says.

Heather noticed how McGonagall looked around and sighed. "Very well." She said. "You all know of course that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin." McGonagall started to walk around as she explained this to them. "Now, three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not."

"Three guesses who." Ron whispers making Heather roll her eyes at him.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all magic families. In other words, pure bloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school."

Heather was taking this all in as this could have something to do with her. "Now, according to legend Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle known as the Chamber of Secrets. Though, shortly before departing he sealed it until that time when his own true Heir returned to the school. The Heir alone would be able to open the Chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing purge the school of all those who in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle borns." Hermione said.

"Naturally, the school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found."

"Professor? What exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?" Hermione asked.

"The Chamber is said to be home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster."
~~~
"Do you think it's true? Do you think there really is a Chamber of Secrets?" Ron asked.

"Yes. Couldn't you tell? McGonagall's worried. All the teachers are." Hermione tells him.

Heather sighed as she really hated this conversation. "If there really is a Chamber of Secrets, and it really has been opened, that means..."

"The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts. The question is, who is it?" Hermione asked.

Heather started to ignore even though Ron was bringing up who he thought was the Heir. She just wanted to get the day over with and forget this day ever happened. "What if Ron's right, Hermione. I mean, look at his family. The whole lot of them have been in Slytherin for centuries."

"Crabbe and Goyle must know. Maybe we could trick them into telling." Ron suggested.

Heather knew were this plan was going and she was not going to like it one bit. "I don't like where this is going."
~~~
In the library, Heather was looking at the books, well studying them in case she need information. "Here it is. The Polyjuice Potion." Hermione tells them. "Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another."