sixteen

Heather seats in her room looking through her scrapbook. She stopped on a picture of her, Ron, and Hermione. She hasn't gotten a letter after she last talked to them and was thinking they forgot about her.

She jumped at the sound of Hedwig and sighed. "You can't go. I'm not allowed to use magic."

Hedwig squawked loudly. "Heather Potter!"

"Thanks." She tells Hedwig as she walks out of her room.
~~~
Heather stood in the kitchen listening to Vernon run his mouth about the bird. She learned its best to stay quiet because she might say something that may get her in trouble. "If she can be released for an hour or two..."

"Why? So you can send messages to your little friends."

"Who would want to be friends with you?" Dudley said.

"Are you that scared that I'll tell them about how I'm treated?" She asked as Dudley looked at her. "Lets just say, I wouldn't try to get me mad."

With that being said, Heather walked back to her room. She heard the bell rang making her sigh as she walked into her room, but stopped. She was shocked by the creature in her room. "Hello." She said.

"Heather Potter. Such an honor."

"I'm sorry if this comes off rude, but what are you? Who are you?" Heather asked.

"Dobby, ma'am." He tells her. "Dobby the house elf."

Heather looked at her door than back to Dobby. "Not a good time for an house elf."

"Oh, yes, ma'am, Dobby understands. It's just that, Dobby has come to tell you... it is difficult, ma'am... Dobby wonders where to begin."

Heather cleared a spot on her bed and smiled. "Dobby, why don't you have a seat?"

"S-s-s-sit down?"

Heather's eyes widened as Dobby started crying. "I'm so sorry if I spoke badly..."

"Offend Dobby! Dobby has heard of your greatness, ma'am, but never has he been asked to sit down by a wizard or witch, like an equal..."

Heather felt her heart break and sat down. "You haven't met the decent one yet." She said.

Dobby nodded then suddenly started to bang his head against the wall making Heather look at him worriedly. She pulled him away. "Are you...all right?"

"Dobby had to punish himself, sir. Dobby almost spoke ill of his family, ma'am."

"Family?"

"The wizard family Dobby serves, sir. Dobby is bound to serve one family forever. If they ever knew Dobby was here..." he shuddered making Heather nodded in understanding. "But Dobby had to come. Dobby has to protect Heather Potter. To warn her. Heather Potter must not go back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year."

"Not go back?" Heather says. "I have to go back."

"This is a plot. A plot to make most terrible things happen. If Heather Potter goes back to school she will be in great danger."

"What terrible things? Who's potting them?"

Instead of getting her answers, Dobby started chocking himself causing Heather to understand. "Okay. I understand that you can't talk about who it is."

She was a little late with her response. Heather tried to get the lamp away, but heard Vernon. She quickly covered him with a pillow case and put him in the closet.

"What the devil are you doing up here! You've just ruined the punch line of my Japanese golfer joke. One more sound and you'll wish you'd never been born, girl?"

Heather jumped as the door slammed shut. "And that is why I have to go back." She said. "Its the only place I have... friends."

"Friends who don't even write to Heather Potter?"

"Well I thought they've been..." Heather looked at Dobby with a questioning look. "How did you know?"

Dobby shows the letters making Heather glare. "Heather Potter mustn't be angry with Dobby--Dobby hoped if Heather Potter thought her friends had forgotten her...Heather Potter might not want to go back to school, ma'am..."

"Give me those." Heather said as she tried to get the letters.

Dobby ran out the door meaning Heather had to follow him.
~~~
Heather made it downstairs without being seen when she saw Dobby. She saw he stood near the pudding making her look at Dobby. "Don't do it."

"Not till Heather Potter says she won't go back to Hogwarts."

"I have to go back. Hogwarts is my home."

Dobby snapped his fingers and Heather watched the pudding float to the Masons. Heather went to grab it when the pudding dumped out onto the Masons. "I'm so dead."