thirty six

Heather walked into the Leaky Couldron. She looked at the guy who bowed like she was a princess so she can be the first one up the stairs. She walked up them as he followed her. Heather looked as he opened the door surprising her. "Hedwig." She says as she went to the cage and petted her bird. 

"Smart bird, you got there, Potter." He says. "He arrived here just five minutes before yourself." 

A man cleared his throat causing Heather to look. "As the Minister for Magic, it is my duty to inform you, Miss. Potter, that earlier this evening your uncle's sister was located a little south of Sheffield, circling a chimney stack." Heather was forced to sit down. "The Accidental Magic Reversal Department was dispatched immediately." 

"No, thank you." She tells the man who was offering her food and a drink. 

"She has been properly punctured and her memory modified." She hears. "She will have no recollection of the incident whatsoever." Heather saw the Minister turn. "So, that's that...and no harm done." He says smiling as he walked over to Heather. "Pea soup?"

"No, thank you." She says nicely as she hears a loud crack causing her to look at the mean cracking walnut shells. 

"Mm."

"Um...Minister?" She says.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand." 

"Understand?" 

"I broke the law." She states. "Underage wizards or witches aren't allowed to use magic at home." 

"Oh, come now, Heather." The Minister says. "The Ministry doesn't send people to Azkaban for blowing up theit aunts."

"Well...she deserved it." She tells him. 

"On the other hand, running away like that, given the state of things, was very, very irresponsible." Heather looked at him curiously. 

"The "state of things," sir?" She questioned. "What do you mean?"

"We have a killer on the loose." The Minister tells her. 

"You mean, Sirius Black?" She asks. "But what does that got to do with me? He doesn't even know me." 

"Oh, nothing, of course." He says. "You're safe! And that's what matters." Heather looked at him as he continued. "And tomorrow you'll be on your way back to Hogwarts. Oh, uh, these are your new schoolbooks." 

Heather looked at the books and was shocked by one of them. She got up from her chair and looked at Hedwig. "Hedwig."

"Oh, Heather, it's best if you don't...wander."

Tom grabbed Heather, but the young girl wasn't foolish enough to ignore the fact that the Minister knows something. Something about the way he warned her had her thinking that he knows more about Sirius Black and why he is connected to her.
~~~
"Here is your room."

"Thank you." She says walking in. 

Heather looked around the room before going to her bags. She pulled her pajamas out and went to take a shower. First, she was locking that door before she does anything else. "Hopefully I get to see everyone tomorrow."