twenty six

During study hall, Heather kept feeling eyes on her causing her to slam her book close and walk away. "Heather..." Ron said but she didn't stop.

Once in the hall, Heather started walking to her room when she heard the voice again. "Blood. I want blood."

The young Potter girl closed her eyes not too happy with the voice, but she started following it. She heard something inside the wall till it stopped. Continuing her way to the common room, she sees on of the ghost frozen and a student. "What happened?" She mumbled.

"Caught in the act." She turned to see Filch. "I'll have you out this time, Potter. Mark my words."

"You don't understand, Mr. Filch." Heather tried to tell him. "Please, no."

She sighed as she knew, it was too late. She saw the spiders leaving causing her to go to the window wondering why. She heard footsteps and turned to see Professor McGonagall. "Professor, please listen to me. I didn't do this. I found him like that."

"This is out of my hands, Potter."
~~~
Heather went straight to Dumbledore's office. She walked up to the door way for McGonagall to send her up. The young girl stepped on the steps and continued her way. She walked in just to call for him. "Professor?" She said as she walked in to see the sorting hat.

"Bee in you bonnet, Potter?"

"Did you put me in the right house?"

"Yes. You were particularly difficult to place, but I stand by what I said last year." The hat said. "You would have done well in Slytherin."

Heather laughed a bit. "No. You're wrong." She said looking away from the hat to see a phoenix. She walked over to the bird smiling before it burned taken her by surprise.

"Heather?"

"Professor." She said looking at him. "Um..." she looked back to where the bird was. "Your bird... There was nothing I could do. He just went up in flames."

"Oh, and about time too." Dumbledore tells her. "He's been looking dreadful for days. Pity you had to see him on a burning day. Fawkes is a phoenix, Heather."

"I thought so."

"They burst into flame when it its time for them to dies, and then they are...reborn from the ashes."

Heather looked to see a baby phoenix come out of the ashes. "Aww. Fascinating creatures. Phoenix." He said. "They can carry immensely heave loads, and their tears have healing powers."

The door opens scaring Heather. "Professor Dumbledore, sir." Hagrid said. "Wait, listen." He walked up to the two. "Professor Dumbledore, Heather didn't do it."

"Ah, Hagrid..."

"I'd swear it in front of the Ministry of Magic." Hagrid says.

"Hagrid!" Heather looked at Hagrid with a kind smile. "Relax. I don't believe that Heather attacked anyone."

"Of course you don't. And..." Hagrid stopped himself. "Oh. Oh...Right. Well, I'll...I'll just wait outside then."

"Yes."

Heather watched Hagrid leave before looking at the professor. "You actually don't think it was me, professor?" Heather asked.

"No, Heather. I do not think it was you. But I must ask you...is there something you wish to tell me?"

Heather shook her head after thinking about it. "No, sir."

"Very well then." He said. "You must go."

Heather nodded as she left. She stopped and looked back at Dumbledore wondering how he knew. When she walked out the door, Dumbledore looked at the phoenix. "The mark is starting to show more." He said. "Heather and George will finally learn the truth about those marks. If they have noticed.'
~~~
Fred was staring at his twins arm that night. "What's that?"

"What's what?"

"Your wrist."

George looked on his wrist to see a mark. An infinity mark with Heather's name on it. "I have no clue." He said looking at Fred. "It has Heather's name though."

Fred looked and knew the tell of another set of soulmates at Hogwarts are true. "Georgie, she's your soulmate."