Unwanted Guest

The next morning, I woke up refreshed and ready to take on the day, but the first issue I had to sort out was with the hotel.

"I'm sorry, Madame," The polite woman at the front desk apologized, "We are unfortunately fully booked and cannot have your room exchanged."

I refused to be near Bitchell even if we lived in completely different structures, he was still way too close for comfort. I cursed under my breath, it was as if the stars or universe or whatever was hellbent on making this trip the worst possible one.

"Did you find something wrong with the room, Madame?" She asked, "I can have someone go down and check it out."

I shook my head, "No, the room is fine. I just have an issue with my neighbor."

"Are they too rowdy for your liking? Did they do something to offend you or break hotel policies?" She questioned.

"Yeah, he offended me the day he was born," I mumbled bitterly under my breath.

I looked at the woman pleadingly, "Is there nothing you can do? Perhaps set up a tent or put up my neighbor in a nearby animal facility?"

The woman's eyes widened at my response and I didn't blame her, I sounded crazy, but I was desperate.

"If your neighbor is causing a problem, please lay a complaint and we will attend to the matter immediately." She professionally said.

"Oh, there is a list of issues," I said more to myself.

"Such as?" She pressed and I pursed my lips.

I sighed and shook my head, truth was I was pretty much helpless because the moment I mentioned his name, her whole tune would change and even though I could've made him sound like some creep, the worst that would happen was they would let head office deal with the issue. Mason would probably hear of it and then have Mitchell on a plane back to LA and as much as I would like that, I couldn't be selfish to Owen.

I shook my head, "It's alright," I sighed, "I'll have to somehow manage without killing your bosses' kid."

"Pardon?" The receptionist asked and this time she looked at me as if I was really insane.

I smiled and shook my head before heading to the breakfast room, hoping the food would cheer me up. The breakfast area came with a marvelous view, it was by the pool with a perfect view of the beach.

There was an outdoor and indoor seating area, I spotted Faith and Wang seated outside with food already on their plates. Since it was a full buffet with friendly staff around, I grabbed a plate and headed to the vegan section. I took a croissant, some banana pancakes, fruit, and yogurt for starters before I made my way outside to meet Wang and Faith.

Faith spotted me and immediately got up, she wore a smile, and as soon as I placed my plate on the table, she wrapped her arms around me.

"I am so happy to see you," She beamed.

It was a warm day, the sky was blue without a cloud in sight and despite a cool breeze in the air, it was relatively humid. The air, however, was pure and I loved the smell of morning, there were a lot of people around having breakfast but the sound of birds chirping mixed with cutlery on porcelain plates was welcoming.

I took a seat after Wang took a turn at hugging me, "I thought of saying hi last night when I arrived but thought you guys might be asleep."

Wang landed the same day as me, but he arrived in the morning while I arrived at night. Wang tried to convince me to leave with him, but I had dinner plans with my family the previous night, so I refused – although given whom I bumped into when I arrived, I kind of wished I took Wang up on his offer.