Chicago 2.0

I watched as Mitchell looked Jadyn up and down a few times before he turned his attention to me.

"Adonis Jadyn?" he questioned.

It took me a few seconds before I realised what he was talking about, Mitchell surely had a memory of an elephant; he remembered the finest of details.

"The one and only." I answered him.

"Adonis?" Jadyn frowned.

"Yeah, according to Faith and his ex-girlfriend," I pointed at Mitchell, "you were like Adonis – the God of beauty and desire."

Jadyn seemed to like the compliment as he grinned a little, "Well this God of beauty and desire would like his seat back."

"Or," he added and I watched as his eyes landed on my hand where Mitchell's was still placed over, "am I interrupting something?"

"No." I said.

"Yes." Mitchell said at the same time.

I gave Mitchell a look and slid my hand from under his before I looked back up at Jadyn, "No, there is nothing to interrupt."

"I was in the middle of telling you something, so yes there is." Mitchell said looking at me.

"I don't want to hear it." I flatly told him, "I think you said enough earlier on."

He seemed to be losing patience because he inhaled sharply, "Mila, why must you always make things difficult?"

"Um," Jadyn said before I could retort to Mitchell, "I think I'm going to... be somewhere else."

"No." I said as I stood up, "I have heard Mitchell's broody voice enough to last a lifetime."

I took Jadyn's hand in mine, "Can you still dance as good as I remember?"

He grinned, "I've been told I've gotten better."

"Put your moves where your mouth is." I grinned at him.

I glanced at Mitchell and he looked slightly exasperated as I didn't listen to him, I guess Mr. Clarke wasn't used to people disobeying his requests; serves the spoilt brat well.

Jadyn led me to the dancefloor and there were quite a bit of couples dancing, Jadyn placed his one hand on my waist and he took my other hand with his and intertwined our fingers, I placed my free hand on his shoulder as we moved to melodious jazz tunes.

"So, Mitchell, is it?" Jadyn asked.

"Ugh," I groaned, "don't mention his name or he shall reappear."

Jadyn chuckled, "Your new beau?"

"I'd rather choke on my own vomit and die than make him my beau." I said.

"In fact now that I think about it, the occurrences of our first meeting makes more sense as I get to know him more; he deserved what he got." I added under my breath.

"Pardon?" Jadyn raised a brow.

"Pardon." I repeated. "Such a formal way of saying excuse me."

Jadyn playfully rolled his eyes, "I see old habits are die hard."

I grinned at him. "I'll never change."

"I sure as hell hope you don't," he sincerely said, "I have met so many women but you truly stand out from the rest, you are unapologetically yourself and can brighten anyone's day by just being around your jovial, positive attitude."

"Stop." I rolled my eyes, "you're going to make me blush."

"Mila Bandera can blush?" he asked, "that's a first."