Frat Party

Dedicated to Still_Just_Me for taking the time and effort to edit this story.

Thank you for reading, if you like it, please drop a vote on each chapter so others can find and read this story too. Chapters are a little on the long side but this story is filled with lots of humour, love-hate tension, sexual tension with tinges of drama, and a whole lot of heart.

Why were movies, novels, and television series so misleading? They made college feel like the best time of people's lives, students always had fun, partied almost every day, and actually had a life outside of school.

As a college student, I detested that false illusion set by urban culture television; college was nothing to the way they portrayed it. If anything, college was life-draining; it sucked all signs of life and happiness out of you. Assignments, essays, presentations, and studying took away from basic living necessities like sleeping, showering, and even eating. I barely had time to think let alone have a social life and was close to a mental breakdown at least every other day.

So, when a rare opportunity arrived to let my hair down, I took it, but, unfortunately, not everyone felt that way.

I've observed two kinds of people in college - one was the kind who wanted to make a career for themselves and become something and the second were the ones who were there just for a good time no matter what the consequences.

"Remind me why we have to go to this party again?"

"Because you're a prude and you need to get out more. Plus, when do we ever get invited to frat parties? We were together during college and lived like nuns. Now that we are in this amazing med-school, there is no way I'm missing out on living."

"Why do I let you convince me to do things?"

"Because deep down in your very old, boring heart you know I'm right and that inner animal in you wants to be unleashed."

"When you put it that way I don't want to go anywhere."

"You'll thank me by the end of the night, just you wait and watch."

Our words sounded like a typical conversation between a studious, shy friend and an eccentric, free spirit one, and it was. Going off our conversation alone, it might've appeared that I was the former friend who whined about not going and my evil friend slash roommate convinced me to ditch my books for a night and just let loose, but that wasn't quite the case.

As a second-year medical student at Harvard Medical School, I was very much the lifeless college student but not by choice. I wanted a career but also wanted to live a carefree life when time permitted. So, on the rare, occasional reminder that I was an actual breathing, human being who had a life outside of an Anatomy textbook, I grabbed my social opportunities.

I was recently invited to a fraternity party by a classmate's friend who attended Boston University. The moment I got the invite, I knew I was going and not just by myself, I was bringing a plus one.

My plus one was my shy, prudish friend Faith. We'd known each other since our pre-med days and by sheer luck, we both got accepted into one of the best medical schools in the world. We shared an off-campus apartment since we both cringed at the idea of communal bathrooms. I supposed I could've called her my best friend, although I tried not to give my relationships sentimental titles – heck, I hated using the word relationship.