Viva Las Vegas

I hated this – I hated feeling so much, it wasn't me and lately, I had been letting my guard down way too much. I was supposed to all be laid back and chilled, but as of late, an array of puny, pathetic emotions were running through me.

I was sulking when I left the chapel, I stood against Mitchell's car probably looking as sour as a lemon. I was angry, irritated, disappointed, and upset – I couldn't believe that Faith was serious about being tied down to someone, and that too at such a young age. I tried everything to show her the light, but she was blinded by the fool with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Looks like they're about to be hitched in a few." Mitchell, who just exited the chapel said.

I didn't respond with words but sulked even more and crossed my arms across my chest, I had no words to describe how I felt. I knew it was Faith's life and she could live it as she saw fit, but marriage wasn't supposed to be on the cards for at least the next six years or so.

"Do you have to lean against the car like that?" Mitchell complained.

"Don't start with me." I mumbled and stood straight.

I looked at the chapel door and a sadness formed in the pit of my stomach. Maybe I was being selfish and only thinking of my relationship with Faith – I was so afraid of losing our friendship that I was adamant  she was ruining her life when in fact, maybe Owen was the one and she was making her life. Was I so blinded by my own selfish need to hold onto the few relationships I had, that I was willing to strip Faith of her happiness? Was I that shallow and self-centered?

No, I wasn't, I cared about Faith and I knew what her dreams and aspirations were, and it wasn't to settle down at twenty-three, before even graduating. I blamed myself, I dragged her to that party and now the love-sick fool was about to forget every dream she wanted to make a reality because of her so-called prince charming.

Pathetic.

"This is really bothering you, isn't it?" Mitchell, who appeared next to me asked as he rested against the car.

I couldn't believe he just told me to get away from the car when he goes and does the same thing.

"Don't give me that look," He caught onto my thoughts, "It's my car, I know how to handle her."

I was not in the mood to argue over Mitchell's car, I already argued over one couple, I didn't need another.

I sighed, "I don't get why they would rush into this?"

Mitchell shrugged, "Love."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "That word makes me sick to the stomach."

"That's you but for everyone else, love makes them happy, fulfilled, content – almost as if the missing piece of their lives is finally complete."

When Mitchell answered he didn't quite look at me, instead his gaze fell elsewhere. Not to anything particular but somewhere in his mind, he was in a daze and there was a ghostly smile playing on his lips. If I weren't mistaken, I'd think the fool had experienced the feeling before.

"Alright Romeo," I began, "If that was so, why the hell does so many people sing songs about finding someone like you... sometimes it lasts in love, sometimes it hurts instead?"

Mitchell took in a deep breath and after placing one hand in his pocket he said, "Love can completely make or utterly break you, and that's the beautiful tragedy about it."

'Deep and extremely poetic,' I mentally complimented him.

"The latter being more common than the former." I said.