Sudden One-Eighty

After a rather busy morning and afternoon, it was finally evening, and the sun was setting. Owen and Faith agreed that we meet them at a regular place he and Mitchell frequently visited in Malibu. Kate spent the afternoon with her boyfriend Josh, so she told us she'd meet us there, leaving Mitchell and me alone in the car – again.

It was around seven-pm when Mitchell pulled up outside a place that resembled a yacht, but I could tell that it was a strong structure. Mitchell handed his Jaguar keys to the valet and together we made our way into the rather busy restaurant/lounge.

Owen informed us that he reserved a booth on the deck area of the place which had the best views and vibe.

I could feel Mitchell's eyes on me as we walked so, I looked his way and gave him a questioning look, "What?" I flashed him my teeth, "Do I have something in my teeth?"

Mitchell looked at me as if I were insane, "No, close your mouth, your teeth are fine."

I closed my mouth before I asked, "Then why do you keep looking at me?"

He turned my way once more and his eyes raveled my body from head to toe before he met my gaze once more, "You look different for some reason."

I frowned and looked down at what I was wearing, since the dress-code for the lounge was smart-casual, I decided to wear a pastel green two-piece skirt set. The skirt was a mini, A-line design with buttons running down the middle, matched with a sleeveless, smocked crop top which had a plunging V-neck. To go with that I put on pair of medium height espadrille wedges, I kept my makeup simple with blush, mascara, and nude lipstick, I also straightened my hair for a change so maybe that's why Mitchell thought I looked different.

I battered my lashes at him and did a half twirl, "I look pretty don't I?"

Mitchell stopped walking for a moment and once more very boldly checked me out before his lips twitched with a small smile, "Yeah, you do."

I dramatically gasped, "A compliment from Broody Bitchell? I am honored."

Mitchell looked to say something Broody Bitchell would, but a sudden spark flickered in his eyes and his lips twitched as he looked down at me.

I raised a brow, "What?"

"I want to do something tonight." He said.

A small frown covered my forehead as I thought of all the different things that one sentence of his could mean. But the way he said it sounded so... risqué.

I shook my head, "No Mitchell, I will not sleep with you and I don't care if you beg."

He gave me a look before going on to elaborate, "I mean let's mess Owen tonight."

"How?" I asked, a little confused.

His gaze lowered to where my hand sat at my side and then he looked at me, "Just follow my lead – it shouldn't be too hard for you."

He then grabbed my hand and I had to admit I was seriously taken aback when he intertwined his fingers with mine.

As we made our way to the outdoor deck, hand in hand, a small grin appeared on my face as I figured what he meant by messing with Owen – the night might be enjoyable after all.

The warm Californian air caressed my skin, and the sea-breeze fanned my hair backward as we stepped onto the wooden floors of the outdoor deck. I took in my surroundings and the entire outside vibe put the indoor part of the place to shame, it was set up to look exactly like the upper deck of a ship – from the wooden floors, the white railings, and even pseudo sails hanging from the roof. Since the sun was setting, a beautiful golden-orange light enhanced the blue lighting of the place.