Worst Wedding Date

Voila!" Eduardo blew a kiss at me, after applying the finishing touches of hairspray to my hair.

The last two weeks in California seemed to fly by in flash. When Mitchell asked me to be his date, I was confused because I knew a further two weeks away from home was pushing it too far, it would mean that I spend almost six weeks of my summer with Mitchell – something that I never imagined possible. But here I was, Saturday afternoon sitting with Kate's and Carly's hairstylist getting my hair done for a wedding of someone I had never met before.

However, the two weeks building up to the wedding was eventful. I spent most of my time going out and hanging with Faith, Owen, Kate, Josh, Gregory, and, of course, Mitchell – whom I had been growing closer with. And it wasn't only because we had swimming lesson's every morning but, Mitchell and I had inside jokes and weird lingo that left the others baffled, he got me laughing all the time and I did him. It was safe to conclude that I didn't regret staying back, in fact, I was glad I did.

"Mitch is going to die when he sees you," Eduardo complimented me.

I looked at myself in the mirror and I was impressed, it was the first time I had gotten my hair and makeup down by a professional. My hair was left down in loose curls to one side, while the opposite was pinned behind my ears, my makeup was nude except for a bold, red lipstick which complimented the champagne-colored, satin dress I wore.

Mitchell insisted I join Kate when she went shopping for a dress, I wasn't too keen but agreed when I was told that Macy's wedding was high-profile with many important people as guests, including media. So, I obliged and got me a simple, backless satin gown with spaghetti sleeves and a scoop neckline. The dress was well fitted, hugging all my curves, and had a slit down the side, reaching mid-thigh. I matched the dress with nude heels and a gold clutch bag – since the dress was Versace and the shoes Jimmy Choo, it was safe to say that the limit on my emergency credit card was bust.

"I do not dress to impress Mitch," I stated as I adjusted the strap on my dress, "I dress for myself."

"Mitchy is still going to freak when he sees you," Kate chirped in, "You look stunning."

"Your brother and your beau are going to freak because we've kept them waiting downstairs for far too long," I told her, "Let's go."

Kate looked beautiful in an off the shoulder pastel pink dress, she was one of the bridesmaids, so she was running even more late than I was.

We hurriedly made our way downstairs, to catch Mitchell and Josh sitting in the living room, bored out of their minds waiting for us.

Josh's attention shifted to us before Mitchell and his eyes sparkled with admiration when he looked at Kate. She smiled at him when he took her hand and kissed her cheek before complimenting her. I looked at them and wasn't sure if I found it cute or disgusting.

"Well, it's about time," Mitchell whined as he pushed his phone in his pocket and stood up.

I took a second to check Mitchell out, I had seen him in a suit before at the Chicago party, but it was nothing compared to how he currently looked. The all-black tuxedo was made for him, it was the perfect fit, and nothing was sexier on a man than a well-fitted suit. His hair was styled backward and the black suit, made his eyes look even brighter.

His annoyed expression quickly changed when he took in my appearance, his eyes widened a fraction as they raveled from my head to my toe.

"Like what you see?" I smirked at him when he checked me out once more.

He cleared his throat and brought his eyes back to my face, he was about to say something, but Kate cut him off.

"We're leaving," She announced with her arm looped through Josh's, "We'll see you guys there."