The Morning After

Vacationing on an island was great, it was like being in paradise but even paradise had its flaws. Ever since I arrived, I was awoken way too early because of the loud chirping of birds and how early the sun rose.

I wasn't sure what the time was, but the sun was shining brightly into the room via the glass window opposite the bed. I stretched my leg and that was when I felt another pair of legs tangled with mine, with that there was a strong, heavy arm draped around my waist.

I tensed and it took my sleepy mind a few seconds before it played back the events of the previous night, I relaxed when I knew it was Mitchell sleeping beside me. A small smile played on my lips and my cheeks warmed when I recollected almost every detail – the way he kissed, touched, and looked at me and the words he whispered in my ear.

I knew that we still had a lot to talk about but that seemed like a tedious task, I was probably clouded by emotions and hormones – Mitchell's body pressed against me wasn't helping the situation at all. But I knew that we would get to that bit a little later, for now, I needed more sleep because Mitchell might've had as much stamina as a horse, but I was surely worn out.

My cheeks grew warmer when I recalled that we went at it three times and after the third time, I made a quick trip to the bathroom to pee and wash off all my makeup. I made my way back to bed and Mitchell was under the covers, waiting for me. I was too exhausted to get my pajamas, so I put on his shirt, and the minute I got into bed, Mitchell wrapped me up in his arms and I was out within minutes.

I opened one of my eyes and they felt awfully sticky, it had to be pretty early because even though the birds were singing a harmonious tune outside, it felt as if I was asleep for only about an hour – and the rooster attached to me wasn't awake yet.

My eyes landed on the bedside pedestal and I spotted the blue box of condoms, it had a few foil packages falling out from the top, next to that was Mitchell's silver watch. I slowly moved my arm from under the covers to check the time but the moment my arm hit the cool air, Mitchell pulled me even closer and snuggled his face in my hair.

My arm fell back on the bed and I placed it over Mitchell's arm that was firmly wrapped around me. I sighed and figured I'd go back to sleep until Mitchell got up and typically woke me up.

The minute I closed my eyes, I felt a soft kiss on my shoulder and more feather-like kisses up to my neck, I felt a little ticklish when Mitchell playfully tugged on my earlobe before placing a gentle kiss on the sweet spot right behind my ear.

"Good morning, beautiful," He murmured in my ear in a husky and extra deep morning voice.

I couldn't stop the smile from growing on my face, I never would've imagined that I would be smiling with butterflies in my stomach while being cuddled and kissed – moreover being referred to as beautiful.

"Good Morning," I replied in a sleepy voice.

His arms wrapped even more tightly around me; he was holding me so tight that I was surprised I could still breathe. The heat from his bare chest seeped through the thin fabric of the shirt I wore and even though I was already hot from our touching bodies, it still sent a shiver down my spine.

He planted feathery kisses on my neck and sleep was slowly starting to slip away as my mind took a complete turn and only focused on Mitchell's lips on me and being pressed smack against him.

"You're up early," He murmured after one final kiss on my jaw.

I sighed and snuggled into him, "Damn birds!"

He let out a husky chuckle, "At least it's not in the room this time."

I rolled my eyes but grinned when I thought back to the time I woke him to get a bird out of a hotel room; it was the first time I shared a bed with him.