Feeling Lit

Thank you again to The_Potato_Writer for the amazing banner on top. I've also added the song (You'll know when) for this chapter, it's better when you read with the song

By the time we left the rooftop bar, I could feel the alcohol starting to kick in, I only had two shots because I knew what a lightweight I was when it came to alcohol. Mitchell, on the other hand, was the total opposite, he drank more than me, but he still looked as sober as a judge.

We went to two other bars, one was a classic American, saloon set up. We didn't stay there for very long, Mitchell was still sticking to beers while I stuck more to gin drinks, I was tempted to share a beer with Mitchell, but he was adamant on me not even smelling it. The highlight of that place for me was a photobooth, Mitchell had to be forced but I took a good number of pictures.

Thereafter we went to an Irish themed bar and that was a lot of fun, the music was great and the people over there were friendly, Mitchell stepped up his game and ordered a bourbon and even vodka. We stayed at that bar longer than the previous one because the vibe was just better.

I didn't know if it was the alcohol but sitting and drinking with Mitchell was fun, we talked and mostly laughed over the silliest of things. I don't think I had ever seen Mitchell smile and laugh as much as he did in one night, he was so carefree and laidback, as opposed to his usual stern, uptight self. While we shared drinks, we seemed to forget all about the animosity we shared or the circumstances which lead us to this trip, we were just two young folks out having fun and it was... it was nice and refreshing to just let down my hair and not think for once.

Our driver stopped at the fourth bar and it looked more upscale than the previous two we visited. I was pretty damn drunk when we stepped into the dimly lit bar. I looked around and there were lots of people present, the bar was more like a lounge, it had loveseats spread out with little tables in the middle of each pair of couches. The room was lit with mostly a neon colored light, behind the couch set up area was the bar with waiters standing around, waiting to serve customers.

A friendly waiter got us a seat not too far from a stage set up with a mic, a screen, and large speakers. On the stage were people – very drunk looking people singing karaoke with words on the screen adjacent to them.

"Oh God, no," Mitchell mumbled to himself as he took a seat next to me, "I should've guessed it's a karaoke bar."

I raised a brow at him, "Are you here for the music of for the drinks?"

He thought over my words for a moment before he answered, "Good point."

Mitchell raised a hand, signaling for someone to come serve us.

"What are you ordering this time?" I asked him.

He smirked at me, "No more kiddies drinks, we bringing out the big guns."

Before I could ask what he meant, our waiter was there ready to take our order.

Mitchell looked at him, "Do you have Don Julio, 1942 tequila?"

"Yes, sir, we do." The waiter said.

"Bring me ten shots of those and bring extra lime as the lady can't handle too much bitterness." He told the waiter.

"Tequila?" I questioned once the waiter went off the get our drinks.

He shrugged. "I think we've had enough foreplay for one night, it's time for the real fun."

I raised both my brows at him and the more I examined him, I could tell that Mitchell was now a little more than tipsy, he wasn't wasted but he was most definitely drunk. His eyes looked a little hazy and bloodshot, his hair was unkempt, he had a natural glow on his face, and he had a lot more peps to his steps, in fact, the guy was chirpy as hell.