Dinner with The Clarke's

After following Mitchell up the grand staircase and taking a left turn, we walked down a passageway which was also bright with the white theme of the house. The walls were decorated with art and on the opposite end, there were different pictures of the family members, Mitchell, his parents, and I assumed his sister – pictures which were taken at different places and each of them at different ages.

"Don't you have a sister?" I asked Mitchell as I noticed a picture that appeared to be his sister's high school graduation.

"Unfortunately, yes." Mitchell sarcastically replied. I rolled my eyes but, having two brothers I understood sibling banter.

"I didn't see her downstairs." I mused.

"Because she's in London," Mitchell answered, "She attends The Royal Veterinary College, majoring in veterinary science – she should be home by next week."

That was impressive, studying veterinary science sometimes proved even more difficult than medicine.

"So," I began in a drawl, "If your sister got the beauty and brains in the family, what did you get?"

Mitchell didn't answer but just gave me a look telling me he didn't find my question funny.

We stopped at door and after Mitchell opened it, I followed him in. Like much of the house the room stuck to the mostly white color palette – a tray ceiling design, painted walls, French windows, and a door which led to the little balcony outside were pleasantly complemented by the warm, earthy tones of the heavily grained oak wooden floors.

The room was also beautifully decorated, a queen bed in the middle decked with many fluffy pillows and crisp white linen complemented by grey and beige throw-overs and a grey bench at the end of the bed. Two white chairs on opposite ends of a rounded coffee table sat in front of the wide window.

With the bright light invited in by the glass doors and windows as well as the contemporary look of the central pendant light, the bedroom came off as pristine, pure, and pretty. I liked it and thought that if the guest room was this elegant, I wondered what the other rooms were like.

Mitchell pointed to his right, "Bathroom is over there," He then pointed to his left, "And that is a walk-in closet. If you want to get your laundry done, leave it in the laundry basket in the bathroom and one of the staff members will take care of it."

I looked around the room once more and nodded at him in appreciation before I took a step closer to him.

"Make yourself at home and if you need anything," He paused for dramatic emphasis I supposed, "Don't ask me. Rita will help you."

I rolled my eyes; I knew he only pretended to be fed-up with me when deep down he adored every second he spent with me. He was probably moody about not being able to share a room and bed tonight.

"So, where's your room?" I teased with a wink.

Mitchell didn't seem interested, I guessed he was still pissed at me about the 'sore' remark I made downstairs.

"Unfortunately, two doors down the hall from this room." He answered.

I moaned in longing, "So near yet so far."

"Not far enough." He mumbled sourly before turning on his heel to leave.

"Aww," I cooed stepping closer to him as I twirled my hair between my fingers, "Your words ruin my panties."

Mitchell rolled his eyes and turned to walk off, I supposed he wanted some alone time in his room, but I wasn't going to let him go just like that – he messed with me in the car and I thought it was time for a little payback. Besides, it was satisfying to watch him squirm in awkwardness.