The Carnival

"Ooh I'm so scared." I mocked Mitchell, hearing his baseless threat.

"This is," he paused and scrunched his face in discomfort. "funny to you, isn't it?"

I stretched my arms and smirked. "If you were sitting where I am, you'd find it hilarious too."

Mitchell glared at me in a deadly way, he was so mad that I didn't think I'd ever seen him this angry before. I thought the angriest I've seen him was when I walked in on him while he was in my apartment bathroom, but he looked nowhere close to how he was glaring at me right at that moment.

I battered my lashes innocently. "Don't overreact Mitch, it's just a harmless prank."

"You've taken this too far." he said between gritted teeth. "I'll teach you a lesson."

My smirk faded; he didn't look to be kidding around anymore. Instead he looked furious and I wasn't keen to find out what lesson he was going to teach me.

"Well," I began as I slowly sat up straight and made my way to get off his bed. "We're even stevens now, so this prank war is finally over."

"I don't think so." he said slowly and as I was about to get off his bed, he grabbed my ankles and pulled me backwards so I fell flat on my back onto the bed.

I sat up, resting all my weight on my elbows. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

He got on the bed and slowly made his way towards me; I was getting a little nervous and not liking this side of Mitchell at all.

"Mitchell." I tried to warn him in a bold voice, but it came out weaker than I planned.

"Everything is a game to you, right?" he said menacingly as he pushed me down flat on the bed again.

"Game over." I said. "I'm done playing."

He grabbed my hands and without giving me a chance to fight him off, he held them above my head, his knee between my legs, keeping them a few inches apart and keeping me caged in by his body.

He was now completely towering over me, I did not like this side of him at all and as much as I hated to admit it, but I could feel my anxiety starting to kick in.

He lowered his face so that his was just a breath away from mine. "It isn't over until I say so."

"Mitchell." I said in a breath. "This isn't you, please let me go."

"Shh." he hushed me and placed a finger on my lips.

'Okay he has completely gone psycho,' I thought to myself.

"See that's the thing Mila, you don't know me at all to conclude that." he said slowly.

I gulped, I was really anxious and could feel myself on the brink of an anxiety attack; he was utterly invading my personal space and I did not like that at all.

"Every time we argued or fought or even pranked each other, we were always around people but today you had the nerve to break into my apartment, come into my bedroom while I was asleep and invade my very personal space." He said and as each word left his mouth, I could see anger in his eyes, he wasn't playing around or partially angry like all the other times; this time he looked different.

My breathing picked up and my heart raced, I was in a position I did not approve of and I just wanted to get out.

"Let me go!" I said with as much conviction as I could. There was no way I wanted to show him that I was scared and weak.

He stared at me for a long moment, his lips sat in a straight line, jaw clenched and a vein protruded from his neck when he breathed heavily in anger. But, to my relief, he slowly let go of my hands and moved aside.