En Route: Des Moines

It was a little after ten-am and shockingly I was awake, showered, and dressed to hit the road. I got up a little early simply because I just couldn't sleep in that morning, I had a pretty restless night and figured that I might as well get up before Mitchell started banging on my door and nagging at me like a middle-aged woman going through menopause.

I was currently seated downstairs at the dining room section of the suite, eating my breakfast as I scrolled through my phone. The room was silent, and I liked it. When I first got up, I assumed Mitchell was still asleep but as the clock ticked, I figured he wasn't in the suite at all. I contemplated going in his bedroom to check but I was then reminded of what happened the last time I entered his bedroom while he was asleep and stopped myself - I did not need a repeat of that.

I was eating fruit salad and just as I was about to put a forkful of pineapple in my mouth the door to the suite opened. I glanced up from my phone screen to see a rather breathless and sweaty Mitchell walk into the room. He was wearing a grey vest and black sweatpants; his hair was extremely disheveled and looked slightly damp.

My eyes followed him as he walked to the little fridge adjacent to where I was sitting and grabbed a bottle of water, he opened it and began gulping down.

He left the bottle on the table spot opposite to me and looked to walk off but stopped in his track and gave me a weird look before he said, "Stop dishonoring me with your eyes, it gets uncomfortable."

I inwardly rolled my eyes; Mitchell surely had a big ego. My instinct was to retort and tell him off, but I was Mila and I just didn't roll that way, so I stared even more intensely for a moment before I dropped my fork and leaned back on my chair and crossed my arms.

"Well, well, well," I mused, "Is this the infamous walk of shame I am seeing?"

"It's too early for this." He mumbled to himself before he looked at me.

"I'm going to take a shower; you better be ready when I'm done so we can leave." he said.

"That's right you dirty rascal, take a good shower, and wash off all of last night's sinful activities." I replied with a wink.

He sighed under his breath and gave me an annoyed look. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, don't you act shy," I smirked at him as I put a watermelon cube in my mouth, "looking at your state, I can tell all about your dirty deeds from last night."

"Mila," he began calmly, "not that it's any of your business but I did not do anything of the sorts your dirty mind is thinking. If you remember we had a little conversation last night."

I nodded. "I remember but I also remember going to bed before you and I didn't get much sleep last night, so I didn't hear you go to bed."

He gestured to his body, "This doesn't happen naturally, I was the gym this morning and I left before you woke up."

"As for your lack of sleep," he said as he leaned over me, reaching for the fruit bowl on the table. His chest was a mere few centimeters away from my face that I could see the darkened patch caused by perspiration on his vest which covered his bits of chest hair. I couldn't help but also notice that even though he was all sweaty and gross, he still didn't smell bad, he smelt of a certain cologne mixed with a musky scent.

He picked up a grape from the fruit-bowl and moved away slowly, he paused when his face was leveled with mine.

"Maybe you should stop having erotic dreams about me and you'll get a full night's rest." He half smirked at me, popped the grape in his mouth, and pulled away.