𝗗𝗲𝗹𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

[Edited again]

"Oh! Fin! I didn't expect you to be here!"

A young y/n stared at the strange badge on the jacket of the woman who held her, e/c eyes round with curiosity as she marveled at the red stone in it.

The toddler reached for the badge, wrapping her tiny s/c hands around it to bring it close and stuff it in her mouth.

The woman who held her with such care and gentleness had no face but the young girl knew she was her mother.

However, the man who had just entered the room did have a face. One y/n could memorize.

He had gunmetal blue eyes and short brown hair that was dotted with snow. He had a scary face but wasn't angry. Perhaps it was just his neutral expression.

"Lady Eira." the man hummed and his eyes turned to y/n who met his gaze, the badge still stuffed in her mouth, "How have you and y/n been very recently?"

"You don't have to use formalities with me, Fintan." the woman chuckled then gently pulled the badge away from the little girl, "We're doing well. Y/n is as active as ever. To be honest, I don't know how much longer I can keep her hidden. She was pretty quiet as a baby but she's starting to use her voice a lot more."

"It was to be expected." the man replied then averted his gaze, "To be honest, this is why I was never really fond of children."

"Was?" the woman inquired and the man's cheeks were tinted with red.

"Y/n is different." the man sighed and the woman laughed, amused by his answer.

"So... would you like to hold her?"

The man appeared alarmed, "M-Me?"

"Of course you. Who else would I be talking to?" The woman exclaimed then beckoned him forwards, "Come on."

"Lady Eira, I don't think-"

"Eira."

"Apologies, Eira. I don't think she'd want me to hold her." Fintan protested as y/n was given to him. He adjusted his hold on the girl so she was comfortable while the little girl stared at him with round e/c eyes.

After a moment, she relaxed and rested her head against this chest with a tiny sigh.

"See? She likes being held by you!" Eira exclaimed, "Not so bad, is it now, my love?"

"Right..."

There was silence as the little girl began to doze off in the man's warm embrace.

"I plan on leaving soon." the woman suddenly spoke up, "I'll take y/n with me and we'll live within the City of Mondstadt. I've found that I quite like it there."

"You really plan on leaving?" Fintan asked, "Rather than let y/n grow up here? She'd be taken care of and under the guidance of the others, she'd become strong too."

"I know... just..." the woman sighed, "I don't think it'd be fair to her. After all, I sense instability in our leader."

"I... understand...." Fintan murmured, "It would've been nice to have you two with me though."

"Then come with us." Eira exclaimed, "We can go live happily in Mondstadt together! It'll be just like we planned back when we were with your family!"

"I can't." there was pain in Fintan's voice, "The best I can do is buy you guys some time to at least get from Snezhnaya to Liyue."

Eira sighed heavily, "Your loyalty is one of the things I admire most about you, Fin. Very well, thank you."

The young girl yawned, gaining the attention of the man and woman as she finally began to slip into sleep.

"I really hope you and y/n get to live happily and peacefully. I really do." was the last thing she heard.

•••

Y/n stayed outside the tavern while the others talked inside. She was responsible for keeping watch for them.

However...

'Something is wrong.'

Y/n felt fidgety and her heart was beating faster than it normally would.

It tended to happen whenever something bad occurred. Whether it be near her or far off. She was never wrong when she felt something off.

Y/n wandered off, quickly leaving the city and breaking into a sprint as Dragonspine came into view.

She felt genuinely fearful.

Had something happened to her family? She hadn't checked on them in a while and there were a lot of Fatui members within Dragonspine, not to mention treasure hoarders but they weren't that hard to defeat. Even for the younger hilichurls.

Y/n skidded to a stop at the camp and was distressed to find it barren. There were no signs of any of her family and a few shields, clubs, staffs and axes lay abandoned on the snowy ground.

It was clear what had happened here.

Y/n ran into on of the little huts, going to the corner and opening up the box in which she had kept her things. Everything was there yet there was a tiny note amongst the things. She picked it up with a frown and her heart sunk.

"Sorry about your little family, darling. They rudely interrupted us while we were searching for what is ours.

I advise that you return what your disgrace of a mother took from us. Otherwise, we just might have to take it by force.

We wouldn't want anyone to get hurt, now would we, little y/n? I believe I'll be seeing you soon, I look forward to our reunion.

Lady S

A growl rose in y/n's throat as her grip tightened on the paper. Her anger completely drowned out her grief as she threw the paper across the hut with a shout of frustration.

"I'll kill them! I'll kill whoever did this! I swear it!" y/n snapped and blinked in surprise, feeling something on her hand.

Liquid had dropped and hit her palm, rolling off the side and hitting the floor. It took the girl a moment to realize that she was crying, salty tears welling up in her eyes and falling to the floor.

"Stop it. Stop crying." she told herself but the tears just kept coming, "Damn it, stop!"

With a miserable whimper, the girl curled up on the floor on a ball, hands over her head as she tried to stop the tears.

'Stop crying already. Stop it.' she thought as a tiny sob slipped out of her, 'Stop. Stop. Stop.'

The tears didn't stop coming.

She dug in her pocket and took out the glove she'd discovered. The name came back to her immediately.

It was a Delusion, an artificially made Vision. It had once belonged to her mother, she knew that much. Not Matr, the woman who had left her in that cave.

'Lady Eira.' y/n recalled her name and her brows furrowed, "I hate you. I hate you so much. This is all your fault. All of it. I'll never forgive you. Ever. Ever. Ever."

She gripped the Delusion a little tighter before slipping the glove onto her right hand.

If this Lady S person wanted the glove so badly, she'd have to take it off y/n's dead body. That is, if the girl didn't kill her first.

(*insert author screaming at her phone while running away from hydro mimics*)