𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗗𝗲𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗜𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗗𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝗼𝘂𝘀

3rd Person POV

Y/n would not go anywhere near Paimon.

Everytime the pixie spoke, y/n would flinch and quickly hide behind Aether.

After Azhdaha had been sealed(again), y/n had spent an entire hour with the dragon having a nice heart-to-heart about how it would be best for cockroaches to be eliminated.

Y/n was a little confused as to which Azhdaha was which so decided to just call them Little Girl and Glasses. It was easier.

They both hated cockroaches so they were pretty nice people in y/n's opinion.

Zhongli had to drag her away from the tree to get her to stop complaining about the conversation being interrupted.

Now, y/n was pouting behind Aether while him, Paimon and Zhongli talked.

'Hm... I should write a letter to Conny and one to Rhino.' y/n thought to herself then frowned, 'Ah, those names don't sound right. What were they again?'

As y/n recalled some fond and not so fond memories, Aether's words brought her attention back to the present.

"Hold on, I want to ask you something." Aether said and y/n looked at him curiously.

"Oh? About what?" Zhongli inquired.

"About my sister."

Y/n suddenly choked on air and turned away, beginning to cough violently.

Aether turned to ask if she was okay but she waved a hand to signal that she was perfectly fine.

"Oh yeah! Paimon nearly forgot!" Paimon exclaimed, "So, not long ago we met a guy called Dain. He told us about Khaenri'ah and the punishment of the gods... that's when we realized that those events were connected to the person we're searching for!"

Y/n crossed her arms, "Dain?"

Aether sighed, "The guy you call Danny."

"Oh..." y/n echoed then beamed, "I remember him! He's a jerkface."

"Zhongli, you're a god. You've lived through thousands of years of history. Surely you experienced the incident." Paimon said expectantly and all eyes turned Zhongli.

He was silent for a moment which felt like hours before he murmured, "I cannot say."

"What? Why?" Paimon cried, "You can't even give us a thread of information? This is so important to us!"

"I understand, but I must apologize. This is my contract." Zhongli replied, voice heavy.

"You mean, another past grievance? Like the incident with Azhdaha? Too painful to talk about?" Paimon asked.

"It was signed before it all began. I have always honored the contract... and kept my silence." Zhongli sighed and y/n's eyes began to well up with tears.

'He sounds so tired... don't be sad Old Man!' she thought, sniffling quietly.

" ...How can you be like that...!?" Paimon protested and y/n glared at the pixie.

"You three are friends to me. I can assure it brings me no pleasure to disappoint you. But as the God of Contracts, I cannot go back on my word." Zhongli said solemnly and y/n wandered forward to give him a hug.

"Don't give him a hard time." y/n scolded her friends, "Think of it as the situation I was in!"

"Minus the simping part."

"Yes, minus the simping-HEY!"

"It appears your understanding of this world continues to grow." Zhongli chuckled as he pat the fuming y/n's head, "There are many events of ages past... many secrets that lie hidden. They have been eroded by time, forgotten by the people... abandoned."