𝗣𝗲𝗿𝗳𝘂𝗺𝗲

[Edited again]

For the most part, y/n was okay.

A bit shaken from nearly drowning.

But okay.

She was well enough to continue on in search of Silk Flowers though she had to wait a bit for her clothes to dry out.

Though she was used to being cold, she seemed to enjoy Aether's warmth. The blond wasn't complaining either. Something about y/n being so close to him felt nice.

"Hey boss. Do you sell Silk Flowers here?" Paimon asked when the group of four got to their destination.

"Silk Flowers?" the man at the stand asked, "We certainly do! Which kind would you like?"

'Which kind!?' Aether thought, shocked.

Paimon hesitanted, "Which kind...? The, uh... the good kind. The best kind... remind Paimon what kinds there are again?"

"Ugh, you ignorant shoppers, always coming in here with your stupid questions..." the man grumbled and y/n perked up, an ominous smile appearing on her face.

"Pardon me?" she asked in a blank tone.

Before she could even think of leaping at the merchant, Zhongli spoke up, "Golden House Maiden, Valley Weaver, and Fate's Yearning. One of each to start with, if you don't mind."

"...My goodness! This gentleman is quite the connoisseur!" the merchany exclaimed, "You three must be his servants. Please refrain from any further attempts to contribute."

"Oh no..." Aether murmured when he felt y/n begin to quake beside him.

"Servants?" y/n asked then began cracking her knuckles, clearly itching for a fight, "Old man, you better tell this bitch who I am!"

Zhongli simply placed a hand atop the girl's head and rubbed, the girl immediately relaxing once more as she enjoyed her headpats, "Silk Flowers exhibit different properties based on how their environmental conditions differ from their ancestral habitat... Nevertheless, these are fine specimens. Excellently preserved. Just look at the abundant foliage here. And these stamens, glamorous as a maiden of the Golden House. This strain is an evergreen, and mostly grows under complex hydrological conditions."

'Not again...' Aether thought, dying inside as the man continued to talk.

Y/n didn't seem to care at all. She was getting affection and that was all she needed.

"--this variety thrives in any dark, damp location, often in large clusters. Morphologically, it is distinguished by the profusion of petals and densely packed stamens, though its powerful scent gives it away just as easily. Lastly, this strain is quite the recluse. Unlike its exuberant cousins, flowers and foliage are minimal, and when in season, it has a subtle yet enduring scent. It was first discovered by the ancients when they scaled the mountains in search of the adepti. Silk Flowers have all but disappeared from the wild today, due to geographical changes over Liyue's history. Most are now grown by horticulturalists."

"Wow. A true connoisseur. Most of that was news even to me!" the merchant exclaimed.

"I possess but a smattering of trivial knowledge. My traveler friends her are the ones to watch - they are on track to set foot in every corner of the world. What's so impressive about that... I'm still an ignoramus on horticulture..." Zhongli replied with a smile.

"What do half of those words even mean?" y/n mumbled then let out a yawn, "Really big words make me sleepy..."

"Mr. Zhongli, you're way too humble... So which Silk Flower did you want, anyway?" Paimon questioned.