𝗛𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀

[Edited Again]

"I'm...really really sorry..."

Childe laughed after y/n apologized for the the twentieth time, her face buried in his chest as she hid her face from him.

"It's fine, really!" the ginger exclaimed then grinned, ruffling the girl's hair, "You've gotten stronger, I can tell!"

Y/n's eyes sparkled, "Really?"

Childe merely chuckled and y/n puffed out her cheeks, "I mean, of course I did! I always get stronger every you see me!"

"Thanks again for the mora, Childe!" Paimon chirped, "Paimon and Y/n will make sure Mr. Zhongli and Aether use it wisely! Right, y/n?"

The money the pixie was speaking of was to be used to hire workers to help out with the Rite of Parting.

"Right!" y/n agreed, "Hey! Hey! Guess what? Mr. Zhongli taught me a ton about economics! Isn't that cool?"

"It sure is!" Childe said with a grin and y/n beamed, "You've gotten much better at speaking too!"

An odd look crossed Aether's face, one y/n didn't recall seeing before. It was almost intimidating if she was being honest.

How his eyes were slightly shadowed and his voice was icy, "Alright, we should get going now, y/n."

Y/n tilted her head and nodded but not before giving Childe a warm hug which was returned.

"Bye-Bye Childe!" y/n exclaimed, "Come on Paimon! Let's go find those workers!"

"Bye, y/n!" the ginger called after her as she grabbed both Zhongli and Paimon by the arms and sprinted away, kicking up dust as she went.

She didn't notice at first but Aether had actually lingered behind to speak with Childe.

'What's that about?' she wondered.

•••

She simply waited impatiently for Aether and her eyes lit up when the traveler came into view.

"Aha! There you are!" Y/n exclaimed, "I already took care of buying the wood so we gotta go to the next person!"

On the ground behind her was the worker, named Tic, looking absolutely terrified.

One eye was swollen shut from when y/n got impatient and punched him as hard as she could. He asked for twenty thousand Mora. He ended up with a punch to the face, a death threat and one thousand mora.

"Y/n, what have I told you about resorting to violence?" Aether sighed then looked at Paimon and Zhongli, "Did either of you try to stop her?"

The man and the pixie simply looked away awkwardly, acting as if they hadn't heard the blond male who shook his head.

"Well, there's my answer. Come on."

Y/n blinked in surprise when Aether grabbed her hand and began leading her to the next person. As surprised as she was, she didn't mind holding hands.

Though it kinda seemed more like Aether was trying to keep the girl out of trouble.

When they found the next worker, Aether had to remind the h/c haired girl not to immediately resort to violence to which she obliged with the simple request of headpats as payment.

"A full day of odd jobs at Yujing Terrace? No problem. Twenty-five thousand per day. A fair trade, yes?" the man said after Aether had explained what he needed to do.

"Whoa, that's expensive. Um, could you give us a bit of a discount on account of the whole Hero of Mondstadt thing?" Paimon asked.

"Hero of Mondstadt?" Tac said with a frown, such an odd name, "Never heard of them."