𝗪𝗼𝗹𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗛𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗵𝘂𝗿𝗹𝘀

[Edited again]

"Paimon? Are you sure this is the place?"

"Yes! Paimon's certain of it! Paimon saw the guy who took y/n outside of this place not long ago!" Paimon exclaimed while Aether stared warily at the house.

It was a distance away from Springvale but not too far. There was a little garden that was well taken care of, proving that someone was indeed living here.

Upon waking up after La Signora's brief assault on the four of them, Aether and Paimon realized that Venti and y/n were no longer there.

Barbara informed them that Venti had gone off on his own while y/n hadn't even been there when she found them outside.

Paimon, despite having been turned into an ice cube, had seen a suspicious man with gunmetal blue eyes carrying y/n away a couple of minutes before Barbara had gone outside.

She had spotted the same guy again while her and Aether searched for Y/n.

Paimon was the first to move, knocking on the door and a voice came from inside, "The door is unlocked."

Exchanging a glance, both Paimon and Aether invited themselves in to find a cozy little home. A man was standing in the small kitchen, chopping up vegetables. Not once did he look up.

"You must be the Honorary Knight I've heard so much about." the man hummed, "And your little travel companion... Paimon, right? Y/n mumbled about the two of you a lot in her sleep."

"Whaaaat? Y/n was thinking about us?" Paimom breathed, eyes sparkling then shook her head, "Wait a minute, what did you do to Y/n? Tell us otherwise Paimon's gonna make you!"

She was being dead serious. Not only was it in her voice but she pulled out a kitchen knife.

"You guys are a little too late." the man replied and chuckled when Aether tensed slightly and Paimon gasped, "No, y/n isn't dead. She went on a walk about an hour ago. I'm guessing she wandered to Wolvendom, it wouldn't be much of a surprise, really."

"Oh. Really?" Paimon questioned.

Aether rolled his eyes, "I told you that it was going to be fine. Put down the knife."

Paimon smiled sheepishly and hid said knife behind her back with an embarrassed smile.

•••

A small y/n squinted at the boy in front of her as she hung upside down from a tree, her legs looped over the branch.

She tilted her head from side to side, humming quietly as she observed him.

"What are you?" she asked the boy.

"I am wolf." he replied.

Y/n shook her head, "No... wolves are cute and fluffy. You are not cute. A bit fluffy..."

The girl pat his head, playing with his hair a little bit, "I am a Hilichurl!"

"Eh? No. You are not Hilichurl." the boy said with a frown and y/n scowled at him.

"Yeah I am! I am strong like one too!" y/n protested and out of nowhere, she punched the poor kid in the face.

It took him a moment to realize what had happened before his eyes welled up with tears. The girl sweatdropped when he began to cry loudly and she couldn't help but be a bit worried that he would attract animals that could eat them.

But then again, she couldn't blame him. He was still a little kid and y/n punched hard.

"H-Hey, quiet... you are gonna get us killed-" y/n tried to calm the crying boy.

She furrowed her brows with frustration when he didn't stop sobbing, only getting louder.

She let out a noise of frustration and swung forwards, giving him a quick peck in the spot she'd hit him, "There!"

The boy blinked at her with round red eyes filled with confusion, "...what?"

"Don't ever cry again or else I will kiss you!" y/n snapped then looked away with a pout, "Bunny Girl said kisses should be saved for marriage but I will use them as a weapon!"

The boy was in shock as the girl pulled herself back up onto the branch before hopping off and disappearing into the forest.

He tentatively touched the spot where he'd been kissed. In his young mind, he believed that the punch didn't hurt anymore because of it.

Was she a witch?

•••

"Your face." Razor suddenly said.

Y/n bristled, "What about it?"

"The paint. The f/c paint that you wear. It is not there? Did you wash it off?" Razor asked, curious.

"Yeah, I have no need to wear paint on my face anymore." y/n replied with a sad smile, "I decided I am not a mitachurl. I will never be one, either."

Razor hummed quietly, watching in concern as his friend silently drowned in her own misery. It was a moment before he stood, surprising the girl.

"Razor? Where are you going?" y/n asked, tilting her head a little bit.

"We hunt." he replied, grabbing y/n's hand, "Come. Follow me quickly."

Y/n furrowed her brows but didn't object, allowing her friend to lead her.

Did I say friend?

Sorry, I meant Number One Simp :)