𝗘𝗳𝗳𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲 𝗩𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿

[Edited Again]

'I've been feeling very... off lately.'

Y/n was caught in her thoughts as she followed Aether and Paimon, frowning.

Going anywhere near Mt. Tianheng filled her with a feeling of dread. Every nerve in her body told her to go elsewhere.

It was honestly annoying.

It didn't matter how far she was. Whenever she looked in its general direction-

Y/n turned her head and let out a tiny 'eep' before running to Aether a jumping on his back.

"Hey, what the-"

"MOVE IT OR LOSE IT!" y/n demanded, tugging on the blond's braid, effectively getting a yelp out of him.

That's how they hended up getting to the Mountain faster than planned.

The h/c haired girl looked like a frightened cat when they arrived, looking around with narrowed eyes.

"Look, up there! That's the Jade Chamber!" Paimon exclaimed, pointing at the floating structure.

"That's pretty high up." y/n commented.

"Question is, how do we get up there?" Aether asked the little pixie who was just as clueless as him.

"Hmm... Uhh..." Paimon hummed then sighed, "Ah, this is bad, Paimon's supposed to be your guide, but Paimon doesn't know where the way up to the Jade Chamber is..."

"We should have asked that emissary, Ganyu." Aether said with a shake of his head, "Oh well..."

Y/n tilted her head, pausing in her assault on a squirrel that had startled her, "The Cocogoat?"

Aether exhaled through his nose but gave the girl an affection smile, "Yes. The Cocogoat."

"Ugh...well, since we want to go to the Jade Chamber, heading to its location on the map is the sensible thing to do!" Paimon decided, "Let's look around. There has to be a way up there nearby!"

Y/n tapped her chin before chiming, "I saw one of those wind current mechanisms nearby. Maybe that's the way up?"

"Ah! Yes!" Paimon exclaimed, "There was one up here! Let's try that! Good idea, y/n, lead the way!"

Y/n guided her friends over to the wind current mechanisms and watched as Aether used anemo to power it.

She watched as a wind current was generated and simply waited, making no attempts to move.

"You're not coming?" Aether asked her.

The girl shook her head, "I dunno how to use gliders. Amber never taught me. Maybe another time."

"Ah..."

"Plus..." a haunted look crossed the girl's face, "I can't shake off the feeling that I'm going to die here sometime in the near future..."

'That's... that's a new one-' Aether thought with a frown, "Alright. We'll come back as quickly as we possibly can!"

Y/n nodded twice, "Yeah. You do that."

She watched as Aether glided up, following a floating Paimon before wrapping her arms around herself in an attempt to comfort herself.

'Is it because of shark week?' y/n wondered, 'No... the pains are gone. I've felt this feeling before but it's way more intense.'

The girl sighed heavily, waiting in silence for her travel partners to return. She opted to close her eyes and imagine being back at her home in Dragonspine.