𝗚𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗹𝗶𝘇𝗮𝗿𝗱

[Edited again]

At some point, y/n blacked out.

She was completely out of it and couldn't even keep track of what was happening.

One moment they were by the rite, the next Aether was sneaking around dragging y/n along with him.

"What is going on anyways? Was that giant dead lizard supposed to be the archon?" y/n mumbled as Aether hopped atop a roof and waited for the girl.

Oh yeah, a dragon fell from the sky!

"Y/n! An archon literally just died! Show at least a little sympathy!" Paimon scolded the girl, being sure to keep her voice down.

"Nye, the archon is not dead." y/n huffed, "I bet the archon staged their death. If this is true, Aether owes me food."

"What? Why are you betting on something as serious as this?" Aether demanded, "You're cruel."

"Because I have a personal goal to piss off the archons until they give me answers." y/n replied, "Do we have a deal or not?"

"Fine! We have a deal! Just get down here before we're spotted!" Asther snapped.

Y/n practically flopped into Aether's arms, the boy catching her and making sure she was balanced on the roof before grabbing her hand and leading her along.

It took y/n a while to realize that her and her two travel buddies were avoiding the Millelith.

Y/n simply accepted this, quietly following Aether and enjoying how quiet he was. He would most definitely survive in Dragonspine for at least a little while by avoiding the inhabitants and visitors there.

Unfortunately...

'Crap.' Y/n thought as a leaf crumbled beneath her shoe with a loud crackling noise.

"Hey! You three! Stop right there!"

"IF YOU WANNA FIGHT, WE GON FIGHT!" y/n snapped back and yelped when Aether threw her over his shoulder and began running, "HEY! PUT ME DOWN!"

"You have a fever and you're acting like a toddler who ate too much candy, there's no way I'm putting you down and risking you blowing up the entire harbor!" Aether told the girl.

"You tell her, Aether!" Paimon exclaimed.

"I thought you were on my side!" y/n whined, "Traitor! I thought we were friends!"

"We are friends! Paimon and Aether are just trying to make sure we all don't get thrown in jail!" Paimon protested.

Y/n yelped when Aether skidded to a stop, "AETHER! WHAT IS HAPPENING?"

"Uh, we're surrounded."

"WE WHAT?"

"I can't exactly fight while carrying you but we're kind of cornered so...."

"Then put me down." y/n told him, "Put me down and I will get us out of here."

"How exactly do you plan on dealing with these guys?" Aether demanded.

"I will kill them."

"Y/N, NO."

"Hey buddy, hold still." a new voice piped in and y/n instantly died inside.

'Nye.' she closed her eyes, 'Nye. Nye. Nye. Nye. Nye. Not right now, I am a mess-'

Y/n refused to open her eyes and pretended like she was unconscious as whatever was happening around her continued to play out.

'This is not happening. This is not happening. This is not happening-'

She was just going to listen. She was not going to open her eyes. No. Nada. Never.

"Whew... Paimon's exhausted!" y/n heard the little pixie creature say.

"Just what muscles does floating use exactly?" Aether questioned.

"How insensitive of you! You have no idea how much energy it takes floating arou-wait." Paimon paused, "Just who are you exactly?"

"Call me Childe." was the reply.

"Childe? What, so we're supposed to dote on you?" Paimon questioned.

"No, no, not at all! It's an alias of sorts!" Childe replied and y/n sighed internally.

'Only one option left. I sleep.'

(When I typed in the chapter title, my brain said "dead dog" instead of dead lizard)

(I watched too many Flamingo videos-)