𝗟𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗻

[Edited again]

(I look at the earlier chapters, I sigh and shake my head. It's the same reaction every time)

"Y/nnnnnnnnnn!"

Y/n stopped Paimon from hugging her halfway, shoving a mondstadt hashbrown into the tiny fairy creature's mouth to get her to shut up.

"Oh! Y/n! I didn't expect to see you here." Aether spoke up as both he and Venti made their way over to the uncharacteristically quiet h/c haired girl, "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

A while as in two weeks.

Y/n spent two weeks within Dragonspine, taking her anger out on Ruin Hunters, Ruin Guards and even took on a Lawachurl, without thinking.

She won, yes, but broke her leg. That was why she was absent for a second week.

"It has. How did the lyre thing go?" she asked.

"It didn't go as we planned..." Venti admitted sheepishly, then held out the Holy Lyre which was now damaged, "And the Holy Lyre is a bit..."

"Well I'll be damned." y/n barked a laugh though it was a bitter one, "You broke the thing! Penny, you have my respect!"

"It's Venti..."

"Say, Aether?" y/n spoke again and the male let out a small 'oh!' of surprise, "Where did Diluc go? Was he not with you?"

"Ah, he went back to the tavern." Aether replied, "The three of us were about to return the Holy Lyre to the church. Would you-"

"Wanna come with us?" Paimon excited, cutting the blondie off.

"Mhm..." y/n said quietly then looked at Venti, "By the way, Venti. I do believe I remember you. Tomo, you helped me through a hard time. Even without knowing it."

Before Venti could reply, Paimon grabbed y/n by her hand and began dragging her forwards, "Come on! Let Paimon tell you about how we saved Dvalin!"

"Dvalin? You mean the flying lizard?"

•••

Y/n remained outside, exactly a hundred meters away from the church while the others stayed inside to return the Lyre.

She was banned from the place due to her accidentally crashing through the roof after she mistakenly led a group of ruin guards close to the walls of Mondstadt and was thrown far off. She just so happened to be thrown in the direction of the church.

Her e/c eyes were fixated on the glove, her scarred s/c hands gently feeling the chilly gem and the soft leather of the glove. Her mind seemed far off, distant.

Those faces. They were becoming clearer. And she didn't like it one bit.

Y/n huffed, recalling those gunmetal blue eyes that appeared in her memory.

Y/n perked up when she heard noises from the entrance and frowned only for a sickening feeling to come over her.

She felt like throwing up but at the same time she felt like burning something.

The usual feeling she got when someone dangerous or rather someone she hated was nearby.

Y/n, following her instincts, went to check on her friends-I MEAN ACQUAINTANCES.

"Venti!" she heard Aether shout.

'Ah, so something bad did happen.' y/n thought as she broke into a sprint.

Dear little y/n had a habit.

A bad one at that.

When attacking, she doesn't really...think.

But who needs thinking anyways?

"HEY!" y/n shouted, gaining the attention of a woman who was most definitely not a good guy.

Her eyes widened slightly upon seeing the enraged girl charging straight at her.

"DON'T TOUCH THEM-!" y/n took a leap that should've been impossible, grabbing the woman's hair so she could knee the poor lady in the face, "YOU PIECE OF FATUI FILTH!!!"

Both females fell, one from the excruciating pain in her face and the other from her leg which was still healing.

Y/n jumped up immediately while the woman spat, "I see that little warning wasn't enough for you, brat-!"

Andddd it clicked.

Y/n was by the woman in a moment, e/c eyes blazing, "It was you, wasn't it? YOU KILLED THEM!"

Before the mysterious Lady's allies could react, y/n socked her in the face quite violently.

"I'LL KILL YOU-" y/n was interrupted when someone caught her by surprise, forcing her to the ground and keeping her wrists secured against the ground.

"La Signora! Are you alright?" one of the other people asked in concern.

"Maybe if you'd done your job right, the little brat wouldn't have had the chance to hit me twice!" the woman spat back while y/n's vision wavered slightly, her boiling anger chipping away at her better judgement.

'Zido ya, I'll beat the ever loving shit out of you when I get up.' y/n thought as she was held upright so that she was no longer lying flat on the ground, 'They're all lying, murdering bastards. Especially this one. This one is the worst of them all.'

Y/n growled when the woman grabbed her by her chin so she could get a better look at her.

"Up close, you really do look like your disgraceful mother." the woman hummed then sneered, "That is if she was raised by a group of animals.

Y/n let out a bitter laugh, "Mind if I ask what sewer system you crawled out of? You look suspiciously like that dead rat I saw yesterday. Was that perhaps your mother?"

"You little brat...!" the woman raised a hand to slap y/n and the girl was ready to take it. However, the impact never came.

"That would be enough." the newcomer said in a cold voice. Y/n's vision cleared enough to get a clear look at him.

The first thing she saw was his gunmetal blue eyes, cold like ice. Wait a damn minute... she'd seen him before!

"Fintan." the woman snarled, "You don't know how to keep your nose out of other people's business, now do you?"

"Last time I checked, we weren't friends. Lord Fintan is fine." Fintan stated as his eyes darkened, "Your business is mine as well, especially if this one over here is involved."

He gave a simple nod to y/n's direction, answering her question as to who exactly he was talking about.

Y/n watched in silence as the man and woman glared at each other before the woman pulled her arm out of the man's grasp with a quiet 'tch'.

"We have what we came for. Let's go." she huffed, turning away along with the two mages who stood a bit farther off.

Y/n abruptly elbowed one of the people who held her in the gut, pushing the other away, "You're not getting away that easily!"

Fintan, though he clearly saw the girl raise the hand that wore the Delusion, made no attempt to stop her as she lunged for the female Harbinger.

"FREEZE, BITCH!"

(I literally just had a nightmare and I can't sleep. That's why I wrote this chapter. I'm still tired so there might be errors and the chapter might be crappy. Sorry...)