Ch. 28

Peter felt exhausted.

His head was spinning with frustration and uncomfortable emotions.

God did he need coffee...
And some time away from the Avengers for a bit.

Lucky for him he knew who to contact.

Picking up his phone off the tower's kitchen table, he scrolled through his contacts till he got to the person he was looking for. A smile snuck onto his face and he hit the call button. The other end rang for a second, then they picked up.

"Bad bitch incorporated, we steal kneecaps, hearts, and wallets. This is Gwen's phone, Lily speaking~" The female voice over the phone was laced with mischief and clearly trying to hold in a laugh. Peter could hear a voice in the background giving a flurry of protests. He couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

"Hey, Lily! What are you doing with Gwen's phone? Where is she?" He questioned humorously.

"Oh, I'm helping her get ready for her date."She deadpanned.

"Date!? With who???" Peter all but shouted!

"Shhh! Honestly Pete! Not so loud!" Lily teased.

"Ok. Ok. But who?"

"Remember that band Gwen was throwing together? Well the drummer Michelle asked her to go to the movies~" She exaggeratedly sang in her teasing tone. More protests where heard, something about it 'not being a date' but he wasn't sure.

" Michelle? Why does that sound familiar...?"

"Anyway. What did you need?"

"Oh! Well... I was feeling a little cooped up, and I was gonna ask Gwen to go on a coffee run... but I guess she's busy." Peter said deflated. Truth be told he needed Gwen's advice. He would call MJ or Ned, but he was still 'away' to them. Stupid cover story. They both knew the truth! It was just because Aunt May was well acquainted with them. Lily was helping Gwen. Eddie worked the evening shift. Harry and his relationship wasn't quite what it used to be, so no spontaneous hangouts. Jonny was on mission. Deadpool was out of the question. Peter still needed to sort out all those feelings. So much for getting out of the tower.

"I mean I'm free. I'm basically done here." Lily nonchalantly mumbled to herself sensing his disappointment. He perked up immediately. God she was a saint sometimes. "And I'd kill for some coffee." She added on more clearly.

"Yes. Oh god. Yes! I need to get out of here!" Peter said maybe a little too enthusiastic.

"Ok! Ok! Stark Tower right? I'll be there in around 20. Hope you don't mind motorcycles." And with that she hung up.

Looking down Peter realized that he was basically in sweatpants. He rushed back to his room to change. He was so busy pulling himself together that he almost forgot.

Motorcycle?

-
-
-
A/N

First chapter back! I promise the next chapter will have more Deadpool. This was a warmup chapter to get back in the swing of things. Thank you for your patience, I hope you enjoy!