Ch. 5

It had been a few hours since Deadpool entered the tower, Tony had gone out for patrol with Cap, and Deadpool and Peter had started working. Peter explained to Wade that they first had to go over all the possible areas that Hydra could place a trap. He and Tony had already hypothesized that it would be in an area that he frequented often, trouble was that could be any number of places, so they were running the numbers to compile a list from most likely to lease likely based off the statistics. It mostly consisted of Peter typing on the computer and Deadpool sitting next to him watching. Unfortunately this process left the merc awfully bored.

"Soooooo.... Peter, Petey, Petty Pete..." Deadpool rambled. "How do you know Webs? I mean, I know you got a connection with the Avengers, but last time I checked, Spidy wasn't on the team. Now, I know he and Tin-can team-up a lot, and you work for tin-can, but what you're doing now... with all this 'tracking Spider-Man's normal patterns and patrol routes'... seems like you know the guy pretty well." There was a hint of something in his voice that Peter couldn't place. This whole situation made him nervous. He had told Tony before that he didn't need to team up with anyone, mainly as Spider-Man, let alone as Peter Parker! That, and he knew he was a terrible liar.

He cleared his throat, trying to level himself before he told his half truths. He wasn't really sure what to say, so he settled on something vague. "Well... I've known him before I worked with Tony— " "WAIT!!! SO YOU KNOW HIM KNOW HIM?!? Like who he really is and all that?!" Peter was cut off by Deadpool's shock. He passed his typing for a moment, brain forcibly wrapping around what was happening. He could work with this. "Ehm... yeah... that's why Mr. Stark thought I'd be best for the job." His voice was fighting to go up an octave at the lie. Peter forced his attention back to the computer. Thankfully the merc didn't notice, or if he did, didn't mention it.

Deadpool flung himself backwards onto the floor. "That's so unfair! Webs is the hottie to end all hotties! I've yet to meet the guy, and here I am teaming up with his cute nerdy 'outta my league' boyfriend to save his fine ass!" He huffed out with a pout. "I don't have a chance."

"I don't have a boyfriend." Peter responded, not even looking up from the screen. It wasn't the first time someone had asked him if he was dating, both in and out of his hero identity. People even asked if he was dating himself, since he still sent in photos of the so-called ' menace' to the Daily Bugle for some extra cash, and was the only one who got close ups of the Spider-Man. He had atomically responded to the question out of habit. He didn't really hear what Deadpool was actually saying.

Something seemed to change the merc's mood, as he sat up and leaned in closer.  His voice was low and hungry.

"So that means you're free range, baby boy?"

"Wha— "

Peter Parker has had many strange things happen to him in his life.

Getting pinned down by a horny mercenary was not on that list.

Till now.