Ch. 25

/ kinda violent at the end. Nothing crazy. Just like giving a heads up./

(Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?
Ooh, heaven is a place on earth)

[They say in heaven, love comes first
We'll make heaven a place on earth
Ooh, heaven is a place on earth]

Wade was in cloud 9. He had been texting Peter all morning, and it was honestly the best idea he's ever had. Funny given the nervous mess and anxiety attack that was taking place when he sent the first message. Taking Cap's phone was the easy part, the old timer hardly had it on him. No, the hard part was committing to the impulse after it was past the impulse stage. But it worked out in the end. He was honestly surprised by the kid's love of memes, honestly was not expecting that. Wade felt his life basically was a meme, so they quickly bonded over the humor.

(When the night falls down
I wait for you and you come around
And the world's alive with the sound)

[Of kids on the street outside
When you walk into the room
You pull me close and we start to move
And we're spinning with the stars above
And you lift me up in a wave of love]

As he walked around the town gathering info, Wade would check his phone every so often to see the latest thing Peter sent. Truth is he enjoyed just killing time talking to the kid. Smiling down he would reply and send his own in return. It wasn't anything deep, but the two had been so stiff and awkward with each other, this felt like it was helping them relax a little. It helped that the kid was funny as hell. Wade was almost worried at some of the shit Peter said, but it was all jokes... right? No way Peter has had so much caffeine that he tasted colors and saw noises. He was just being goofy. And Wade respected that.

(Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?
Ooh, heaven is a place on earth
They say in heaven love comes first
We'll make heaven a place on earth
Ooh, heaven is a place on earth)

[When I feel alone, I reach for you
And you bring me home
When I'm lost at sea I hear your voice
And it carries me
In this world we're just beginning
To understand the miracle of living]

What really threw Wade through a loop was just how truly sassy the kid was. He might even rival him or Spider-Man! And they were infamous for sassy comments, quips, and over all being little shits sometimes. No wonder Peter and Spider-Man were friends! They probably shared jokes back and forth. Maybe the three of them could hang out for tacos or something after all the crazy died down.

(Baby, I was afraid before
But I'm not afraid anymore
Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?
Ooh, heaven is a place on earth.)

[They say in heaven love comes first
We'll make heaven a place on earth
Ooh, heaven is a place on earth]

Peter had another class to go to, so he let Wade know he wasn't going to be replying for a bit. Wade took this time to do some "REAL" investigation. It wasn't pretty, and he's so glad no one has asked about how he's been getting his leads. He couldn't bare Peter seeing how he approached things, and is thankful the what little Spider-Man saw was not shared. He really didn't want to scare the kid away. Even if what he was hiding was a part of his ugly self. He would not ruin the chance of maybe making a friend out of all this.

Finally he made it to the spot he set up earlier that day. Time to get something useful done.

(In this world we're just beginning
To understand the miracle of living)

[Baby, I was afraid before
But I'm not afraid anymore]

A tided up man was sweating as blood dripped from his face. He looked back at the merc who had just put his phone back in a pouch on his belt. A sick smile could be seen through his mask.

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way." He cooed, knife glimmering in hand.

"You know the best way to a man's heart?" He mused flirtatiously, leanings closed to the panicking man. The fear in his eyes was the thrill Wade was looking for.

"Between the 3rd and 4th rib of course!" He laughed out. Pete would have loved that one! ... well maybe not in this context but still! He'd have to remember it for later. Maybe he'll grab some coffee before hand... from that cafe the kid liked.

God he couldn't wait to see the kid again.

(Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?)

A cut to the face.

[Ooh, heaven is a place on earth]

A stab to the knee.

(They say in heaven love comes first)

Slices at the stomach.

[We'll make heaven a place on earth]

One ear.

(Ooh, heaven is a place on earth)

The next.

[Ooh, heaven is a place on earth]

Finally the man had something to say. That was a start. Wade smiled even bigger. Information meant he could go to the tower and see Peter.

He'd like that more than anything.

Maybe he'll see Spidy too. That brought up complicated emotions that Wade was avoiding.

He could have a thing for them both...

... right?

(Ooh, heaven is a place on earth)

[Ooh, heaven is a place on earth]

"Ooh, heaven is a place on earth~"

-
-
-

A/N

Heaven Is a Place on Earth
Song by Belinda Carlisle