Ch. 4

Tony was already in his Ironman suit when Peter and Wade stepped out of the elevator. He was honestly surprised by how quiet they both were, since normally they both had a tendency to ramble, though for different reasons. He was sure that they'd show up throwing quips back and forth at each other. Instead, Peter came running out and made a b-line to the kitchen. Wade awkwardly shuffled out behind him, scratching his arm nervously. It was a strange look on him, since Tony was so used to him being so confident and full of himself.

"Glad you could come." Tony coughed out, grabbing the merc's attention. "I see you met Peter." Wade's eyes wandered to where the teen disappeared. "Yeah. Cute kid. I think I upset him, though... but what's new?" Tony was taken aback, Wade sounded like he was actually upset about it. Deadpool was usually a dick to almost everyone he interacted with. For him to be sorry for stepping on some toes was... unusual. Tony decided to put a pin in it for now, they had more important things to discuss.

"Well, I assume you have a general idea of why you're here?" Wade nodded. "Something about Hydra digging through old Weapon-X projects, right?"  The anger that was rising in Deadpool's voice did not go unnoticed. "Yeah, but now there's a new factor in this mess." Tony added in. This definitely got the merc's attention, as his whole body stiffened. "What do you mean?" His voice was dark and dangerously low.

Tony sighed as he walked over to a chair and sat down. "Do you know of the freelance hero Spider-Man?"

Wade gasped excitedly. His mood changing immediately. " OMG YES!!!!Hottest ass in spandex you've ever laid eyes on!!! Granted, never actually seen him in person, but the pictures and videos are enough to tell!! That boy has a body that just won't stop!! What a dreamboat~ Oooooooowwoooohhh!!!! I can't tell you the number of times a polished off the 'ol unicorn horn to that ass!!"

Wade only stopped because a loud crash was heard from the kitchen, followed by Peter's incoherent muttering and a slightly muffled sound that was similar to a scream.

"Uhhh... is he ok?" Wade's voice going soft as he took a few steps towards the kitchen.

"Well... He's probably never heard anyone talking about Spider-Man like THAT." Tony huffed out.

"Are he and Spidy close?" Wade asked, the thought intriguing to him. Peter did seem to have access to the avengers, so one could argue that Webs could also have popped in from time to time.

"Uh, you could say that..." Tony was trying his best not to give anything away. "Actually that's part of why you are here." 

"What?" Wade was so confused.

Tony walked over to Wade and placed a hand on his shoulder. "You're gonna team up with Peter to save Spider-Man from Hydra."

Peter seemed to come out of nowhere. His face was flushed, but for some reason, wade thought he looked more confident than he had in the few minutes he's seen him. Determination was burning in his eyes, and Wade was captured by them.

"WHAT?!?"