Ch. 32

"No, Tony. This is for sure his mask... yes I'm at the right building... no it's not the wrong time! I know what I saw!! Get your ass over here or I'll drag you down here myself! Cap won't save you!" And with that Wade hung up.

It was taking all of his strength just to keep him from immediately going on a murder spree just to find the webbed hero. Not to say he wasn't planning on it later, but he wanted to wait and see if Stark could get some info from the scene. Technology really was amazing at times. He was starting to see red. The voices were practically yelling as he paced back and forth watching and waiting for Stark.

(Whoever did this is going to have hell to pay if I have anything to say about it!)

[I DON'T CARE IF I HAVE TO BURN THIS CITY TO THE GROUND!!! SOMEONE IS GOING TO PAY FOR SPILLING SPIDEY'S BLOOD!!!]

(They are going to have a slow and painful death.)

[IM GOING TO RIP THEM APART WITH A DULL FORK!!]

(If they're doing anything to him I'm going to make them beg for death by the time I'm done with them.)

[I'll carve out their hearts, their lungs, their brains!]

[(We will bring hell to life.)]

They were going on like that for a while...

Tony was there shortly, some extra suits were flying behind him. Frankly he sent them to scan the area within a mile radius. He was on the coms with who Wade assumed was Cap. The panic in his voice was not even trying to hide.

"Steve, I don't know... he's not here. They're not picking up anything... It... It's his blood... I don't know... Steve... STEVE!! I know! He's my kid too! I'm going to turn this city upside down to find him... I know... he's not going to blame you... ok... let me know if you find anything."

The broken feeling at the end did not bode well for Wade. He stiffened as the iron hero slowly turned to him.

"Cap is making sure they don't leave the city. I have eyes on the sky and the main parts of town..." He trailed off in thought for a moment before coming back around. "I'll leave the underbelly to you."

Slowly he placed a hand on Wade's shoulder. The situation was becoming very clear.
"Wade, I need you to swear that what I'm going to tell you you don't tell a soul."

Slowly, he nodded. His heart tightening as he did so.

"They left his mask. It's a message. They know who he is. I'm going to tell you, but don't blame him, his secret identity is very important for keeping his family safe. It's nothing to do with you."

Wade's head was pounding. He was going to find out who Spider-Man was. Again, he wordless nodded.

"Spider-Man is Peter. That's why he knew what to look for. I was so prepared for so many things that I failed to think they would actually find out about him." Tony seemed so lost and broken. He really cared for the kid.

Wade was feeling a mix of emotions. Webs was Peter! No wonder he was falling for both!  But as soon as the joy of finding out had come, dread took over... they had PETER! They were doing god knows what to PETER!! The blood on the mask was PETER'S!!! His blood had gone cold and the voices went silent. Oh no.

"I don't care what you have to do, how you go about it, who you need to go through. I will exempt it all. Everything. Just find my kid."

Wade had never seen Stark this serious before, and the weight of the situation was very very clear now. Clutching the mask in his hands tightly, Wade met his eyes.

"Don't worry.  Heads will roll. I'll find him. I'll make them pay. Mark my words."

With that, he walked away, the world went full red.

No one was going to get out this.

Not after hurting Spidey.

Not after hurting PETER.

"I'll find you baby boy."

"Mark my words."

"I'll find you."