Ch. 21

/warning: slight hints at abuse/

Tony wasn't the biggest fan of the Fantastic 4, but there definitely was some level of respect for the group. Reed, Mr. Fantastic, a true genius in his own right. You would have to be a fool to not admit he was on a level few could dream to be. Sadly this made him a bit of a fucking prick, if one had to put it lightly. Ben, The Thing, while not being the most easy on the eyes, was the most sensitive to mood in situations, and had the muscle to back his decisions. The true foundation of the group. Susan, the Invisible Woman, was a true blessing to the world, and in many people's opinion was too good for Reed. She was brilliant and charming, and knew how to use it as an advantage in combat and other opportunities. Lastly there was the Human Torch... Jonny.

God did Tony hate Jonny.

While he had his moments, he overall was a hot headed show-off. A 20 something year old party boy, hopping around lover to lover. Who's only way of living is no tomorrow, and getting shit faced.

Honestly, maybe it was the fact Tony saw a little bit of his old self in the man that probably was the root of the hateful feelings.

What was worse, Jonny seemed to have gotten attached to Peter, both in and out of costume... and he had no idea how it happened! Sure they teamed up a few times, but Jonny seemed almost emotionally bonded to Peter. Whenever he got too stupid drunk, he would fly all over NYC till he found him, and would just cry into Peter's shoulder. There had even been times Peter went out looking for JONNY, bringing him to the tower to recover after a bender. Peter had told Tony it usually involved Reed or Ben to some extent, and that it was his job as a friend. Clearly there was an issue within the dynamic of the Fantastic 4, but Tony still saw Jonny as a spoiled brat looking for attention from Peter.

It was no secret the flaming hero favorited the spider for... other reasons. Even if Peter was too nice and naïve to see.

So, when he saw the Human Torch, drunk out of his mind, clinging onto a shirtless Peter, all before his coffee... It's fair to say he was pissed.

"Jonathan Lowell Spencer Storm what the actual HELL is your drunk ass doing in my tower this fucking early?!? At least stick to your nightly routine of partying, day drinking is very inconvenient for the current situation with all that's been going on and you know that!!! YOU WANNA GET PETER KILLED???" It was common knowledge that Tony was not a morning person, even if he hardly slept to begin with. He hadn't slept for 76 hours... and it showed. He was not in the mood to deal with the brat. However, the yelling only seemed to bring more sobbing. Peter shot Tony a cold look that he swears he picked up from Steve, then goes back to comforting the drunk man, whispers being shared between the two. The sad but soft look the kid was giving Jonny caused Tony to feel something weird in his gut.

"Petey I-I don't want *hic* want you to die! *hic* I don't..." The man buried his face into Peter shoulder.

"Shhh, I know, ok? See? I'm ok." Peter was so gentle with the normally self absorbed show off. Even when Jonny isn't drunk, Tony has noticed the way Jonny treats Peter differently than other heroes. Maybe they were just two friends that cared for each other, like him and Rhodey... guess he was even more like Jonny than he thought... he did not like that.

Angrily, he grumbled over to the coffee maker and brewed himself a pot. As he was waiting for it to finish, Steve came out from his room, freshly showered after his morning run. Jonny didn't take a moment to comment loudly at the arrival.

"Hey *hic* Cap!!! Glad you hav *hic* haven't been scared off b-by Iron... Iron Prick!" The young man slurred cheekily. "It must be a blonde thing... or are you guys fucking too?"

Both grown men go bright red at the comment, and Tony is at his wits end. Before Tony could go over and beat the brat, Steve stopped him with one of his hands. Thank god for Steve.

"G-Go on and hit *hic* hit me! You and Reed are..." The tears began to start again. Without fail Peter hugged tighter and was muttering words of comfort.

Just then the elevator dings.

Everything stopped.

They all looked at the man in red and black.

"Is this a bad time?"